78: Bait

Zhu Lei closed the door, took out the key Hu Shaobin gave him from his pocket, and went into Hu Shaobin's room.

He was holding a dirty laundry basket in his hand, and a few changes of clothes were randomly stuffed inside. When he walked into the guest room belonging to Hu Shaobin, he cleaned up the dirty clothes scattered around from the floor and the bed.

For the past two days, Hu Shaobin's chores are all in his sole responsibility. After the housekeeper found out that they were at fault for the car accident, the attitude of all the servants in the villa towards them changed drastically, and many things could only be solved by themselves.

And as a rookie with no experience in the reincarnation world, if he wants to get help from an experienced veteran like Hu Shaobin, he can only repay Hu Shaobin in other ways.

The things he has to do every day are very trivial, but all kinds of housework auxiliary equipment in the resort are perfect, and these housework are very simple to handle.

After simply collecting the dirty clothes, he helped Hu Shaobin tidy up the quilt and table. It took him almost half an hour to tidy up the entire room. But dealing with these chores is easier than going to the next door to investigate the death scene.

After tidying up, he was just about to go to the laundry room on the third floor to get rid of the dirty clothes. Unexpectedly, Hu Shaobin, who was supposed to be in An Yao's room, suddenly pushed open the door and almost hit his head.

"Brother Hu, the investigation is over so soon?" Zhu Lei asked in surprise.

Hu Shaobin looked like black charcoal, and there was an inconspicuous bruise on his forehead. Seeing Zhu Lei holding the laundry basket, he raised his hand impatiently and sent Zhu Lei away.

Knowing that he couldn't touch Hu Shaobin's bad luck, Zhu Lei hurriedly responded with his head down, and left Hu Shaobin's room quickly.

In order to avoid disturbing the rest of the guests, the laundry room is at the deepest part of the corridor. Zhu Lei walked into the laundry room familiarly, but felt that something was wrong in the laundry room today.

Tick, tick...

Somewhere in the laundry room, the faucet was not tightened, and the water dripped slowly at a fixed frequency.

Rows of washing machines and dryers are neatly arranged to fill the space inside the laundry. The laundry detergent used last time is still in place, and the lid on it is even maintained in a state of forgetting to cover it.

There are a few ropes hanging in the room to facilitate the arrangement of large clothes. They were originally only used when taking the clothes out of the dryer, but now they are hung with a few thin white sheets by someone.

As Zhu Lei opened the door, the white sheets fluttered slowly, adding a bit of weirdness to the laundry room for no reason.

It was early morning at this time, and the sun outside the house was slowly climbing into the middle of the sky. It stands to reason that it should be a refreshing time.

Zhu Lei shivered inexplicably.

He threw the laundry basket on the ground with a bang, and the sound of the plastic basket hitting the ground startled him instead. His Adam's apple rolled up and down, and his voice was dry: "Guan Xiaoyu? Are you doing laundry?"

The laundry room is empty, but the line of sight is blocked by a few hanging sheets. Zhu Lei's heartbeat began to speed up, and he boldly asked again: "Guan Xiaoyu, are you there?"