25: Truth

At the moment when the countdown ended, Liang Fei gently kissed the corner of Nie Ming's mouth, and then buried his head in his neck.

To be honest, he was still terrified of the impending explosion. It's not that I'm afraid of being bombed to death, but that I'm afraid of being bombed half dead, and finally die in pain and struggle.

Nie Ming noticed his nervousness, and put his arms around his waist, letting the warm body temperature continuously soothe his emotions. However, where Liang Fei couldn't see, Nie Ming raised the corners of his mouth slightly and smiled quietly.

The two hugged like this for a while, the expected explosion sound did not appear, replaced by the sound of mechanical operation, followed by a "hissing" sound of gas leakage.

Liang Fei buried his head for a long time, but he didn't hear the deafening movement. He raised his head in doubt and said, "Why didn't it explode?"

Nie Ming laughed and said, "Who said the self-destruct program must be an explosion?"

Liang Fei came out of Nie Ming's arms, and looked around suspiciously. The other people in the room also had the same confusion as Liang Fei, and unanimously doubted the authenticity of the so-called self-destruct program.

Even if the self-destruct procedure is not an explosion, it shouldn't be just a "hissing" sound like a gas pipeline leak, right?

They were all mentally prepared to die, but nothing happened in the end. Ding Yan's face changed from white to red, and then from red to black. The adjutant who hugged Ding Yan's calf also wept with joy, showing the expression of the rest of his life after a catastrophe.

"Nie Ming, are you lying to me?!" Ding Yan realized that he had been frightened for nothing, and roared angrily, "It turns out that the institute doesn't have any self-destruct procedures at all!"

Nie Ming looked at him with a half-smile, but didn't answer.

Ding Yan gritted his teeth and looked at Nie Ming, and then suddenly realized that without the deadly threat of the self-destruct program, he didn't need to have any scruples anymore. The research institute was already under the control of his people, and Nie Ming came to the control center to throw himself into a trap.

"Arrest Nie Ming." Ding Yan gave the order with a sneer.

The situation on both sides was reversed once again, and a group of subordinates who were guarding outside the control center quickly surrounded them, pulling out their weapons to subdue Nie Ming.

More than ten people surrounded Nie Ming and Liang Fei and pointed their guns at them. The person walking in the front wanted to take off Nie Ming's weapon pinned to his waist, but before he could do it, he suddenly clutched his chest and fell to the ground with a thud.

"Captain!" The non-commissioned officer beside him wanted to bend down to support the captain. The non-commissioned officer frowned as soon as he stretched out his hand, and then lay side by side with the captain on the ground with a bang.

Unknown panic quickly spread among this group of people. They remembered the self-destruct program that was questioned just now, and suddenly seemed to understand something. Before they could figure out what was going on, they heard a series of thumping sounds, and a large group of people fell into the room.

Ding Yan spat out a mouthful of blood, clutched his heart and panted heavily, as if he was about to faint at any moment: "Nie Ming! What did you do!"

Nie Ming walked over slowly, squatted next to Ding Yan's head, and looked down at him: "I didn't do anything. Didn't your boss initiate the self-destruct procedure?"