• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xʟ • •

Things had taken quite the turn for the the teen. With the whole fight and seeing a new type of hollow to the news that they had just dropped on her. The park felt dead silent.

Rukia wasn't surprised at all as she had known the truth. Letting them talk as she knew that things could go anyway now that they let the cat out of the bag.

Miyu stood speechless in front of the two who claimed to be her parents. Letting out a small unamused laugh. "No." She finally spoke up shaking her head. "This joke isn't funny. I am Miyu Inoue. My sister is Orihime and my brother is Sora. He is the one who raised me."

"Miyu, listen to me." Hana spoke as she walked over. Holding her hands in hers. "I am your mother. Kisuke is your father." She let out. "We are your family." She continued.

Miyu was in denial as she focused on what she was being told. Shaking her head about them. "No." Immediately pulling her hands out of hers.

"We apologize for not coming forward any time sooner. We tried but being with us was a danger to you. We couldn't put you in harm's way." Kisuke spoke. Walking over and standing besides Hana.

"Stop.. Just stop talking!" Miyu spoke up. Accidently sending them back with her hand and noticed. Seeing them on the floor made her lower her hand but not want to stop. "You left me..."

"We had no choice." Hana began to speak.

"Do you have an idea what I've had to go through with those people?!" Miyu talked first before she could finish speaking. "Those people were cruel! The only good thing you did for me all my life was give me Orihime and Sora as my family if you are telling the truth."

"Miyu." Hana spoke her name as she got off the floor.

"No! Just stop. I came to you for help looking for my family and all you did was lie to me." Miyu scoffed as she kept a distance from them. "This is just another one of your sick lies."

"My name is Hana Kaneko. I gave you my last name to blend in better. I didn't know those people were bad. If I had then I would have chosen a better place for you."

Kisuke Urahara and Hana Kaneko both gazed at her with genuine regret and honesty. Making her slightly believe them but how could she move past what they had done. Especially since they had been helping her all along without bothering to inform her until she was deeply in danger. "Why now?" She asked. "Why are you coming out with this information now?"

"Your father and I agreed that this was something we couldn't keep hiding any longer. Seeing what happened moments ago scared me that I might lose my chances if anything went wrong." Hana explained.

Miyu listened before making up her mind. "I want to resign from working with you and to stop seeking Mr. Urahara's help."

"Miyu. You need training for your-." Kisuke spoke.

"I don't want to see either of you right now. I can do it on my own. Do you have an idea know how many times I would go to sleep with the thoughts that maybe I wasn't good enough for my own family? O-or how many times I wished I could escape that house for what those people would do? Orihime is my family and Sora was more of a parent than either of you."

Hana gave a small nod. "He raised you right. I would have loved to thank him."

"Save it." Miyu replied. "I..." She took in a breath before shaking her head. "How long have you known about my existence?"

"We've been knowing about your existence for a while now." Kisuke mumbled

Miyu quietly crouched down as she covered her face. Being overwhelmed as she didn't know what to do. Should she forgive them and move on or never see them again. Deep down it had always been something she wanted. Her biological family.

Kisuke noticed as he stepped closer. Crouching down before hugging her. Ignoring the hits she gave to his shoulders to try and make him leave. But he wouldn't. He refused to let go of her. Not again. He had never wanted to keep his distance from his own child. He missed being able to see her first walks and words. Holding her tightly when she eventually lowered her hands and sobbed into his shoulder.

Hana noticed as she had always felt the guilt of taking their child away from them to place her in another home in hopes the soul society was safe. She had reasons why she had left her. She held so much regret and sorrow in past years. Walking over as she crouched with them before hugging her as well.

Getting the same treatment Kisuke had at first as she endured it before feeling her calm down to them. Miyu simply sobbed quietly in their hold. She wanted to push them away but she had been looking for them for so long that it complicated things for her. She wasn't doing well handling the news.

Ichigo wasn't far from them as he had refused to leave her behind. Watching the whole thing with Kon. "What do you think's happening over there?" He asked.

"Don't know. Must be real bad if they managed to make Sunshine over there cry like that. We can't even take on them. You're weak." Kon replied.

"Weak?! What the hell do you think you are?!" Ichigo fumed as he grabbed at him. Taking the pill out of his body and putting it back into the stuff lion. Getting back into his body shortly after.

"We understand it's a lot to digest for one day so we wanted to give you some time. We aren't going to force you to choose us. We will do whatever you feel more comfortable with." Hana spoke lightly.

Miyu wiped her eyes as she didn't like being seen in that state. She thought about the two as she sighed a bit. "I don't want either of you near me but I want to get to know you two more. I just need some space before any of it happens. If I do this you can't barge into my room without warning." She spoke. Mostly pointing a finger towards Urahara with her words.

Kisuke was on board with the arrangement as it meant having a chance to get to know her. Giving into her not too long after. "Alright. If that is what you wish then we shall grant it." He spoke.

"Me and Ichigo should get going. We have some stuff to be getting done." Miyu mumbled as she pulled away before walking to her body. Taking the pill out and getting back in as she turned to Ichigo. Grabbing his arm and turning away from the two before fleeing the scene and dragging Ichigo with her as she headed home.

Once she knew they were far away from them she slowed down at the moment. Taking a small breath she had very much needed since their confession.

"What happened back there?" Ichigo asked after a moment of silence.

"I don't.. I haven't processed.. I don't know how to feel. It feels like the life I knew was never meant for me. Like it was never real. Like I never should've belonged there. On the other hand, I am thankful for their choice."

"What are you talking about?" He asked as he walked with her. Keeping a hold on Kon and covering his mouth.

"If they had never done what they did then I wouldn't have ever met you, Orihime, Sora, Uryū, all of our friends." She spoke. "My life wouldn't be as great as it is now. I have the best sister in the world, the best of the best friends, and I got you, an amazing and loving boyfriend whom I deeply adore and love. I am happy where my life has gotten me and I wouldn't change it for the world."

Miyu gave a small soft smile at him as she finished her reasonings before speaking up again. "I can't bring myself to tell you just yet about what happened but.." She sighed. "I hope that you can understand why. It's something even I haven't processed."

"I understand." Ichigo spoke as he knew that he'd have to avoid bringing it up. He cared more about her than anything in that second. Placing an arm around her shoulders. "But I hope you tell me when you're ready. I don't want to see you cry like that again because of them." He mumbled.