ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xʟɪɪɪ

Sumiko kept her eyes on Rukia as she joined the two. Taking a chance against them without her zanpakuto yet again. Raising her hand as she aimed at them making a fire start in front of them to stop them from going further.

Renji noticed as he turned back to her. Not having even heard her mutter a word. "Just what are you?"

"I'm the substitute soul reaper with a temper to hurt you for trying to take our friend away."

The red haired scoffed a bit before gripping his handle. Stepping forward a bit until a hand stopped him.

"Seems like you won't learn a lesson until you're taken down like your little friend."

Sumiko turned to Byakuya without blinking an eye. She knew he was much stronger than her.

"If you can block my attack I'll let you live."

"I'll live whether you 'allow' it or not."

"Brother. Leave her."

"Silence. The Captain has decided what will be done." Renji muttered.

Rukia decided not to argue against him as she stayed back. Hoping that Sumiko would just turn away and leave while she could.

Sumiko stood her ground as she knew she had to do it. Raising her hands as she glanced at him. "Come at me."

"As you wish." Byakuya spoke calmly before attacking her.

Sumiko waited as she was slightly as quick as him. Managing to block his move in time before sending him back using Haru as she lowered her hands to expand her shield a bit. Having gained more control of her new abilities in a small amount of time.

"I'm surprised that a mere human could damage someone like me but I have no use for you or staying here any longer. I'll let you deal with that boy. He might die or be lucky if he even lives. Even if he does live.. he'll lose every bit of power he has. Seems like your flames are gone now too. Let's go, Renji."

Sumiko watched him take her away. Feeling guilty when as the doors closed behind them once they were gone. Turning to Uryū as she healed him the best she could first before rushing to Ichigo.

Ichigo laid in shock at hearing that he could live or die. The chance of losing his abilities if he even survived. Feeling the heavy rain falling onto his drained body. Hitting the ground with his fist.

"Ichigo." Sumiko called out to him as she kneeled before him. Ignoring the blood that got on her and tried to help heal him.

Ichigo noticed as he weakly shoved her hands away from him. Not saying anything at all.

"Ichigo. Let me help you. I need to heal your wounds before-." Sumiko spoke as she tried to reach out to him again. Ignoring the heavy rain.

Ichigo shoved her away once more as he scowled a bit. "Leave me alone Kaneko. If I hadn't been at your place none of this would've happened. I don't want to see you anymore or have you heal me. I could've stopped her from doing this if I had been home."

Sumiko stayed on the floor as she listened to him. Furrowing her eyebrows a bit in confusion. "Ichigo, I didn't do anything."

"Are you not hearing me?" Ichigo asked. "We're done. I was being too distracted and letting my guard down with you. I can't keep people safe this way" He continued.

Sumiko listened to him before moving her hands away. Thankful that the rain was heavy. Giving him a small nod. "Right.. I apologize. I'll leave you alone then." She replied to him and got up before leaving.

Uryū listened to him before following Sumiko to make sure she was okay.

Ichigo listened as he felt his body growing heavy. Going unconscious after seeing a familiar figure in the rain.