Chapter 12~ You're Joking. Right?

"Oh... I know that this is going to sound weird but, back home there was this girl I liked. She was funny, sarcastic, fun to be around, and just all out beautiful. I used to go over to her house almost everyday because Nash is friends with her brother, which is Taylor. Then something happened between her and him and Taylor and the guys would beat her up everyday after school. I didn't want to hurt her because I loved her, even though she didn't know, but the guys made me, so I did. But not anything horrible. I kicked her but that was it. She begged him to stop but he wouldn't. Punching, kicking, slapping, stuff like that. After school one day at my house I asked Nash why he hurt her as bad as he did. He said ,"I dunno. It's fun." and shrugged. That was the night I was literally going to beat the shit out of him because he gave her a black eye, just because it was "fun"  It got so bad that she left, nowhere to be seen. The next day i asked Taylor where she was, he didn't care where she was, he was just happy she was gone. He didn't care his own sister was missing, gone nowhere to be seen at all. That pissed me off. That was the day I realized how much I love her. To this day, 1 year later, I still love her. I don't care if she's 1 billion miles away and hates my guts, I still love her. And you what her name is? It's Tenley. Just like yours. You remind me of her, how you act, talk, laugh, sit, stand, eye color. Everything about you reminds me of her. I miss her. I don't care if it's been a year, I love her. I'm sorry that probably sounded really creepy." Hayes looked at the ground and smiled.
               Oh my God. He's talking about me. Hayes fucking Grier likes me. No, he's joking. He didn't love me. He doesn't still love me. I was speachless. This isn't one of those fairytales where the prince, or in this case one of the people who ruined my life, confesses his love to a random girl, who just happens to be the person he's talking about, and in the end she tells him it's her that he loves and they make out and get married and live a happily ever after.
             I couldn't find the words to say besides, "Is that a good thing?"
"Ya, it's a good thing. It's you isn't it?" Hayes asked, still smiling.
"What's me?" I said. I can't have him find out its me because if Taylor finds out, somthing will happen.
"You're Tenley from back home. It's you." Hayes asked again. "You're Tenley Caniff, Taylors sister. The girl I still love." he said smiling at me and looking me in the eyes.
"I can't tell him, can I? No I can't. What can I say so I don't sound suspicious?" I thought.
"No." I said.
"No what?" he asked.
"I'm not her. I'm not Tenley Caniff. I'm Tenley Lawley." I said to Hayes. He was getting suspicious of me.
"How long have you been with Kian and the guys?"
"Ummm, about 10 or 11 months." I said. Shit, I've been gone about a year and basically just, in a way, told him that it's me.
"10 or 11 months, that's just about the same time that Tenley Caniff has been gone. You're lying." Hayes said getting even more suspicious.
"Look Hayes, Why the fuck would I lie to you?" I said sassilly. I thought of something else to say. "And I don't even know who the hell you're even talking about. So, no its not me." I lied. Damn, I actually pulled that off. Good job, Tenley.
"Zayum, you're sassy. Are you sure you're not lying?" he said getting on my nerves.
"No! It's not me! Okay just drop it OK!" I yelled getting up off the beach chair and grabbing my stuff. "Now good damn bye!" I continued walking away. I left him sitting there all by himself. Oh well, he better not follow me or I'll like punch his face.
            I didn't care that Kian and the guys were still at the pool, I just wanted to get the hell out of there as fast as possible. On the walk to the room, I thought about Hayes. Theres no way in hell that he like/loves me. He probably knows its me now because of all my sassyness and avoiding the topic. I looked behind me, not finding Hayes following me. I didn't take an elevator to our 3rd floor room, I took the steps. It probably would be quicker to take the elevator, but I just wanted to think about everything.
           After finally getting to the room, I realized I didn't have a key.
"Shit..." I sighed. "Guess I'm goin back to the pool to get the damn key." I turned around just to find Taylor standing like 2 feet away from me. "What the hell does he want." I thought.
"Hey, I heard what happened with Hayes, well more like eve's dropped on you and Hayes." Taylor said stepping closer to me.
"Ya, and you care because?" I replied sassy.
"I care because the way you reacted when he kept asking if you were my sister. You looked like you were going to literally kill him. Look, the things he said about him loving my sister are true. When she ran away, he came over to my house and almost punched the shit out of me. Ever since she's been gone he's been different, way different. I didn't know he loved her, and you must remind him of her a lot because, like I said before, he hasn't talked about her to anyone like that." Taylor continued.
"Look, Taylor. I'm not your sister so just let it go." Nash, Cameron, Matt, the Jacks, Carter, and Aaron walked over.
"Here, stand next to me." Taylor said.
"Why?"
"Just do it."
"Not if you tell me why the fuck you want me to." I said trying to walk away but Taylor stopped me.
"Damn girl. You're more sassy than Beyonce." Nash said surprised.
"Shut up Nash." Taylor said. "So we can take a picture together." he continued.
"And why do you want me to do that exactly?" I replied.
"So I can prove to Hayes that you aren't my sister, Tenley."
           "Dude, can I just go get Kian for the room key?" I said again trying to walk away.
"Nope." Taylor said blocking the hallway so I couldn't leave.
"Taylor, just get the hell out of my way please." I replied.
"If you take a picture with me first." Taylor replied smiling.
"If it makes yall leave me the fuck alone, then fine." I replied rolling my eyes.
"One picture, then I'll leave you alone, I promise." Taylor said. "Just stand next to me. Gilinsky, come take the picture." he continued putting his hands in his pockets and standing next to me.
"Kk." Gilinsky said pulling out his phone.
"K, here it is." Gilinsky said after talking the picture 1 minute later.
"Now Uh-Goodbye." I said walking away to get the key. While I was walking away, I heard Gilinsky mumble to the guys "Holy shit, you two could be related. Like look dude."
"Ya, I guess. But no. That's not her. Remember at that orphanage in LA, I could just tell it was her. It's not. Trust me dude." Taylor replied.
           This time, I took the elevator. I really don't feel like walking down 60 steps again. Because I still have my swimsuit on, I felt like every time I walked by a guy my age they were staring at me. Oh, the difficulties of being a girl. After 3 stops, 2 guys whistling at me, and some "fuck offs" to those guys, I was finally at the first floor.

That was chapter 12. Sorry I ended the chapter weirdish. But, ya. Hope y'all enjoyed it. Don't forget to share it with your friends and/or family, vote, comment and follow me!

Bye-
Tenley✌