We weren't alone (Chap 27)

"I don't think we're alone." Kanda said with a serious face.

"Yes. That's what I'm trying to say!" Hunter exclaimed loudly, only to get slapped by Pidge. "Ow?"

Scarlett sighed at the sight in front of her and cleared her throat, Kanda heard it and nodded.

"Anywa-" Kanda was cut off by loud noises of glasses breaking downstairs. Everyone was shutted up by the sudden noise, Kanda glanced at Pidge and ran downstairs with Pidge behind her.

The others were about to follow them, but Scarlett stopped them with her hand blocking them. "Let them take care of it."

Hunter was about to talk back, but an explosion exploded closer to them, causing all of them to get on the floor while the glasses broke and the walls fell on the floor with them.

Loud crashing noises were heard downstairs, and more explosion blows up on almost every part of the manor.

Hunter embraced Luz and Vee while coughing badly from the dust, as well as Scarlett.

Scarlett could hear another bomb ticking and was about to explode closer to them and tried reaching out to the three who were coughing mess from the smoke, but it was too late for her to reach them in time.

The explosion exploded, and the ceiling wall collapsed above them and covered them with small cement walls and dust that covered them badly.

The manor was shaking violently, but Pidge arrived with few blood stains on her shirt and was bleeding a lot on top of her eyes covered with blood and bruises.

Pidge couldn't keep her balance from the shaking and stopped herself from falling by balancing herself using her elbow to support her with the wall next to her.

Scarlett lifted the small cracked walls off her and hurried to where she last saw the Nocedas' faces but only saw Hunter's hand covered under a big cement wall. Scarlett tried lifting the cement but had no strength to lift the wall on her own.

"Come on..." Scarlett tried and tried giving her arms strength but no valid on lifting the wall off Hunter.

Pidge walked beside Scarlett slowly while holding her chest with her other left arm. "Let me take care of it." Pidge squatted and used both of her arms to lift the wall and give her best to let Scarlett take the Nocedas out of the fallen pile of walls.

"Now, let's go!" Scarlett shouted, and Pidge finally let go off the wall and tried catching up to them but soon slowly collapsed on the floor.

"Pidge!" Vee yelled, running off to help Pidge, but before Vee could get to Pidge, another bomb exploded on the left side of the wall next to Pidge.

Vee flew back to their path and bumped onto Hunter, causing them to roll down the stairs. "VEE, HUNTER!!" Luz shouted their name and raced downstairs to see if they were alright.

Scarlett looked to the right and left before deciding what to do. "I'll go get Pidge. You three get Kanda and get out of here! We'll catch up!" After that, Scarlett ran off and headed to the other direction to get Pidge out of the pile of walls.