Epilogue

"Would you—Jeff, I swear, if you don't stop wiggling in your seat, I'll end up painting your forehead!"

The two of you are in your shared bedroom, with Jeff sitting on the bed and you standing between his legs.

"Sorry babe, it's hard to stay still when you're standing so close." He shifts, almost playfully. "And anyway, I don't see why you need a brush. I always used to do this with my hands-"

Jeff lets out a sudden yelp as you move your hand, causing the wet brush to make contact with his porcelain-white forehead.

"You did it on purpose!" He whines, but there's no venom behind his words.

"That I did." You grab a nearby towel and quickly wipe the dye off his forehead before it stains. "But please, stay still. This is not the first time I'm doing your roots, it shouldn't be this hard."

"Wanna know what's hard-" You smack him with the brush again, this time on the nose. "Oi!"

It's been a year since you officially moved into Slenderman's mansion and became his proxy.

You clean Jeff's nose and give it a quick peck before returning to the task at hand.

It's also been a year since you started dating Jeff the Killer.

"The faster we're done here, the faster we can join the others." Jeff hums in affirmation and relaxes in his seat. "We're watching scary movies tonight, right?"

"Don't act like you haven't begged us to watch all the Saw movies for weeks, Yenne." You try not to look at his smug expression, instead choosing to focus on the task at hand. You dip the paintbrush in black hair dye before applying it to another section of Jeff's hair.

"I am very normal about this, I have no idea what you're talking about." When you first found out that Jeff's hair is not naturally black, it felt as if your whole life was a lie.

Jeff the Killer is a brunette?

Unbelievable.

"Whatever you say babe, whatever you say." The man declares, and a comfortable silence falls between you two. You smile under your breath and move the brush alongside the brown sections of Jeff's hair.

During the past year, your life has been surprisingly normal. Well, as normal as living in a mansion full of serial killers and monsters could get.

Becoming a proxy was quite an easy task, especially after taking into consideration your previous career. You basically stalked and killed your victims in your other life too, why would this be any different?

It wasn't.

You, Toby, Masky, and Hoody formed a sort of team, although calling it that always felt a bit odd, in hindsight.

The four of you had become more like a family.

Slenderman finally came to a realization that he wasn't merely gathering proxies. He was, in fact, adopting children of his own. This revelation hit him like a ton of bricks when he had the four of you huddled together, his embrace serving as a stark realization that a typical "boss" wouldn't do things like that.

It took Slenderman longer than Toby would have liked for him to come to this understanding, but the brunette wasn't one to complain.

He finally had the fatherly figure he'd longed for.

As for Jane, after several challenging and tense months, she seemed to have reached a point where she no longer actively sought to end Jeff's life every time she saw him (thank God). The rest of the group saw this as progress, albeit modest.