Chapter 13

It takes you a few minutes but eventually, the mansion is in front of you, the rest of the group nowhere to be seen. You can't help but sigh in relief, thankful for this small miracle. You're not in the mood for talking to others.

"Dolly, come on, just a peek." Jeff persists with a playful tone, walking close by. You stop for a moment to collect yourself, leaning against a nearby tree, feeling lightheaded from both your blood loss and the conversation.

"For the millionth time, no." You snap, not noticing how Jeff's getting closer and closer. You blink, and suddenly, his face is mere inches from your own. You try to lean away but your back is only met with the sturdy tree. "What are you-"

The man puts his hands on the opposite sides of your head, basically trapping you between them. He leans in, closer than ever before, making your breath catch in your throat.

"Yenne, we can do this the easy way..." He purrs, his lips almost grazing your mask. "...or the hard way." Unexpectedly, his knife buries itself in the bark just beside your ear, cutting off some of your hair.

You raise your hands, ready to push him off, but the ache in your arm returns with the utmost intensity. You can't help but whimper as your vision starts to blur, the sound causing Jeff's menacing act to drop, replaced by genuine concern.

"Yenne?" He asks, voice holding a mixture of confusion and worry. You don't respond, sinking to your knees as you clutch your throbbing arm."Um, fuck. What do I do?" Jeff leaves his knife embedded in the tree, his fingers tangling in his hair in frustration. "Slenderman!! Bossman, we need you here, come on!" Despite his plea, no response comes, and the man starts to genuinely worry. "Slenderman, it's Yenne-"

"What happened to Yenne?" The words reverberate through both your minds, the commanding voice slicing through the air as the tall, faceless figure materializes a foot behind Jeff.

"Jesus fuck! Warn a guy next time." Jeff yelps, visibly startled by the creature. "Um, they got stabbed. It's pretty deep, I-"

Slenderman doesn't wait long enough to hear Jeff's explanation, he just scoops Yenne into his arms, teleporting away.

"I helped them." Jeff murmurs to himself, his gaze fixed on the spot where you had been just seconds before. "I really did, huh?" He retrieves the knife from the tree, slipping it back into its sheath. "...why did I do that? It's not my style to just- ugh!" He scoffs, refusing to spend a second longer thinking about feelings.

Still, he can't shake off the memory of your flustered voice when he mentioned love or the way you looked so captivating while pinned to the tree...

Jeff shakes his head, digging his fingers into his skull as he starts to cackle. He's not a normal human anymore, he's something better. He's the killer, a deadly Adonis that ends his victim's lives with a smile.

His sinister grin stretches even wider as he lets out a sharp whistle, a bloody hellhound appearing at his feet not a second later.

"Come on, Smile." Jeff affectionately ruffles the dog's fur. "Let's go and spread your word."

- - -

Your vision is hazy but you do your best not to pass out, desperately clinging to consciousness as you let yourself be teleported by Slenderman.

"Sir, this is nothing major, you don't have to worry-"

"My child." He cuts you off. "Don't call me sir, I hate the way it sounds coming from your mouth." He pauses for a second, surveying the area. "Additionally, we are alone. There is no need to keep up appearances."

You look around and sure enough, you are. The room is some kind of infirmary, various medical equipment adorning its many shelves as well as a few white beds. Slenderman lays you down on one of them and you sit up, taking off your mask and the makeshift bandage as you go.

The bloodied piece of (once) white fabric feels heavy in your hand, but instead of throwing it into the trash, you put it securely in your pocket.

Slenderman takes your hand and gently touches your arm, trying to assess the damage. He does his best to disinfect it before a lone tentacle sprouts from his back, the tendril brushing against your exposed injury. It leaves behind a tingling sensation, and when you look down, you see that your wound is now stitched. The creature hums with satisfaction at his handiwork before putting on a fresh bandage. You took one last look at your arm to make sure everything was fine before rolling down your sleeve. "You will need to go to a doctor with this, I am not sure if it will heal on its own."

"Thanks, Slendy." You reply, giving him a shy smile. "Tried my best to win without even getting a scratch, but I guess guys here pack quite a punch, huh?" The man doesn't immediately respond, just silently 'stares' at you.

"Yenne." Slenderman begins, his tone making you cringe; that's his dad voice. "I made you a proxy, and you immediately go and do these reckless things... It's as if you're trying to catch someone's attention." He takes a seat next to you on the bed. "I am not scolding you, I just... worry."

"...I'm sorry." You apologize, truthfully. It never crossed your mind that what you did might be 'dangerous', but looking back at it now, maybe you should have thought twice before getting in a scuffle with the mansion's other residents.

"I have enemies, my child. Enemies that cannot know about your existence." Slenderman admits. "That is why I always kept my 'life' separate from you, the best I could. I do not want anything bad to happen to you."

"I know." You mumble, playing with your sleeves. "I will be more careful next time."

"Good." He says, wrapping one arm around your shoulder and pulling you into an embrace. You allow yourself to relax, but it appears that your guardian still has some questions. "...was it Jeff?"

Your eyes widen at the mention of his name and you can't help but look at Slenderman in confusion. "What?"

"Was he the one who hurt you?" The creature specifies.

"No, no that wasn't him. He tried, but, didn't even get close." You joke, thinking back to your abrupt awakening earlier that day. "Toby challenged me with Masky and Hoody, something about testing my skills.

"Tobias? I would never expect him to start a fight." Slenderman pauses for a moment. "I shall have a word with him.

"There's no need, I think I handled it pretty well. We finished our fight on friendly terms." It's a white lie but you don't want the man to baby you any more than he already is. You can take care of this yourself. "...there is one thing I wanted to ask of you, though."

"Yes, my child?"

"Could you... could you put an extra bed in Jeff's room? I slept on the floor last night."

"You slept WHERE?!"