Chapter 27

Slenderman's tendrils reach out, weaving through the realm of shadows as he travels the world in search of his missing proxy. He has scoured all the neighboring forests and cities, yet... no sign of Toby.

"Tobias, where are you?" The creature mutters to himself, attempting to momentarily ignore the ever-growing presence of demons around him. This indescribable pressure has been steadily increasing, almost as if an invisible veil were slowly shrouding the earth.

This aura, this strength... Slenderman knows who it belongs to; he is not blind. Still, he hopes he is mistaken, hopes that this might pass. None of his kin are prepared for what's to come; to face his enemy...

The tall creature abruptly halts, materializing at the edge of a forest. Before him spreads a desolate village, appearing even older than he is, judging by the state of its buildings; the walls are overgrown with moss, windows shattered, and there's nobody, nobody around.

Not too far off, in the village's center, lies a grand castle. Slenderman extends a hand in its direction and, sure enough, he feels a faint presence of his proxy in the distance. Relief washes over him; he has finally found Toby.

But why would Tobias be so far away from home?

"Y̶o̸u̵ ̷s̵u̸r̴e̴ ̶t̶o̷o̸k̴ ̶y̶o̴u̷r̸ ̶t̶i̸m̸e̸,̸ ̴o̷l̷d̸ ̷m̶a̵n̵.̵" The creature turns toward the voice, surprised to see a familiar figure in such a place.

A young demon stands next to one of the abandoned buildings, leaning confidently against its grey wall. Neither of them has eyes, and yet, they are intently staring at each other, one out of confusion and one out of pure amusement.

"Jack," Slenderman greets the other cautiously. He doesn't know what the blue-masked man could possibly be doing in a place like this; he hates the implications of it. "Do you know where Tobias is? I know you went somewhere together..."

Eyeless Jack starts cackling; a deep, rumbling sound that slowly makes its way out of his throat.

"O̴h̴,̵ ̴d̶o̸ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̵k̷n̷o̶w̴ ̵h̷o̶w̴ ̴h̸a̶r̵d̵ ̴i̵t̴ ̷w̴a̵s̴ ̸t̷o̵ ̷p̶r̵e̸t̵e̶n̸d̶?̸ ̸T̴o̴ ̸p̴l̶a̶y̶ ̸h̸o̶u̵s̶e̵ ̴w̸i̵t̶h̷ ̵y̸o̶u̵ ̵a̷l̸l̵ ̵t̷h̶e̷s̵e̴ ̸y̸e̴a̶r̷s̵,̵ ̸o̴n̵l̴y̶ ̵t̶o̶ ̶f̷i̸n̷d̵ ̴o̵u̷t̷ ̶t̵h̵a̶t̵ ̵w̶h̴a̷t̴ ̸w̸e̴ ̷w̶e̷r̶e̴ ̷l̶o̵o̴k̴i̵n̷g̴ ̸f̸o̵r̴ ̶w̶a̸s̴ ̷r̵i̵g̸h̴t̵ ̵u̴n̴d̷e̵r̷ ̶o̶u̵r̷ ̴n̴o̷s̵e̴s̵?̷" The demon questions, running a hand through his hair.

"What did you do?" Slenderman's voice booms across the village, his tendrils sprouting from his back. The mass of black tentacles slowly but surely approaches Jack, promising nothing but destruction in their wake.

"W̵h̷a̵t̸ ̵d̵i̶d̸n̸'̶t̵ ̵I̵ ̶d̶o̴?̴ ̷I̷t̶ ̵s̸e̸e̶m̵s̸ ̷I̴ ̴w̵a̶s̸ ̵d̴o̷i̶n̸g̷ ̶e̶v̷e̸r̵y̷t̸h̷i̴n̸g̷ ̶a̶r̴o̵u̴n̷d̵ ̴h̷e̶r̸e̷!̸" Jack dismissively waves his hand, unfazed by the other man's threats. T̸h̸o̸u̸g̶h̵ ̸I̷ ̶w̴i̶l̸l̸ ̶a̵d̷m̶i̶t̶,̵ ̵T̷o̵b̶y̴ ̵h̶e̶l̶p̴e̷d̸ ̶a̷ ̷l̸o̷t̵.̴ ̷T̶o̵r̸t̵u̷r̸e̴ ̶d̸i̴d̷n̷'̸t̸ ̸w̸o̷r̷k̸ ̷o̵n̶ ̵h̸i̵m̸,̷ ̶b̶u̸t̸ ̴i̶t̸ ̷d̷i̸d̶n̷'̴t̶ ̷s̷t̸o̸p̶ H̷̨̛̤̯͗̀ȋ̷̢͕̩̤͘͝m̴̘̘̈̚ ̵f̸r̴o̸m̶ ̸a̵c̶c̶e̷s̸s̸i̸n̵g̴ ̷h̶i̷s̸ ̷m̸i̴n̴d̴.̷" He pauses for a moment, tilting his head as he looks back at Slenderman, almost tauntingly. "T̴e̸l̸l̸ ̵m̷e̶,̶ ̵S̶l̸e̵n̷d̶e̶r̶m̶a̶n̵,̶ ̷h̴o̵w̶ ̴i̵s̸ ̵Y̷e̶n̴n̴e̸ ̸d̴o̴i̴n̸g̵?̵"

"Yenne?" The creature freezes, his tentacles retracting as he grasps the implications of the other man's words. "No-" He teleports immediately, leaving Jack alone to his devices.

"P̴a̸t̶h̴e̶t̷i̵c̷" The demon scoffs, mindlessly kicking a nearby rock. "A̸t̶t̶a̷c̶h̸m̸e̵n̶t̶s̸ ̴m̷a̵k̵e̷ ̷y̷o̴u̶ ̶w̶e̶a̷k̴"

- - -

Jeff runs through the mansion, desperately looking for one of his friends. He turns a corner, his destination finally appearing in his field of vision.

Hoody's room.

If there's anyone who has condoms in this god-forsaken mansion, it's the guy who's been pining for his best friends for over ten years.

Jeff doesn't bother knocking as he enters the other man's room. Why would he? Hoody is the last person in the world who has anything to hide.

"Yo, Brian. Do you mind if I- holy shit."

Well, Hoody might have nothing to hide, but Jeff sure as hell wasn't ready to get an eyeful of him and Masky shamelessly making out on the bed.

"...Jeff," Masky says, annoyance apparent in his voice as he calmly leans away from Hoody, sending the pale man a death glare. "I am going to Jeff the Kill you right now."

"I'm sorry- I didn't know! Actually, I was here for the same thing-"

Suddenly, the whole building shakes on its foundations, and the two proxies hastily get up from the bed, grabbing their gear in worry. Not even a second later, Slenderman appears before them. The creature...

Slenderman looks pissed. He's floating, not even touching the ground as countless shadows branch out of his body, a never-ending swarm of tentacles taking up all the available space, pushing the three men up the walls.

"Where is Yenne?" His voice echoes so loud through Jeff's head that he tries to muffle it by covering his ears, even though he knows it's for nothing.

"They're in my room, but-" Slenderman dashes out of the room before Jeff can finish his sentence. The three men fall to the ground, getting up with pained groans.

"Jeff, what the actual fuck." Asks Hoody, sending the other man a confused look. "Why are you even here?"

"See, I was about to ask you for condoms because, safe sex is important, you know, and then-" Jeff freezes. "Oh my God, Slenderman is going to kill me for trying to fuck his kid."

He immediately takes off, ignoring Hoody and Masky's screams as he runs back to his room, futilely hoping to get there before Slenderman.

"Mr. Man, I swear that we didn't do anything!" Jeff starts as he runs through the open door to his room, but stops in his tracks as he realizes that he and Slenderman are the only two creatures present. "Where's Yenne, what-"

"He got them," Slenderman says, his voice lacking any emotion as he mindlessly stares ahead. Jeff walks up to the creature and gasps as he finally notices the two, fiery words buried out on one of his walls.

Ḧ̴̡̨̨̡͙̙̼͕̟͎͎̭̤͉͎̠̺̬͓͓̦͖͓̤̯̦̺̟͕͓̤̺̘̅̒̽̏̌̎̌̌̒̊̍̿̇̈́͗̉̒̀̽̌̋̒͋̆̏̔͊̍͐́͒͆̆̚͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅȨ̷͕̼̰̥̼̮͉̈͒̈́̀̋͝ ̴̢̨̡̛͉̳͖̙͚͖̯͕̤̳̰̗̯̝͚̠̠̙͕̹͓̟̦͎̝̭̤̮̥͓͗̂͌̓̏̍̅̉͆̋͂̆̅̀́͌̀́̂̔͐͆́͛̂̈́̎̇̚̚̕͠͝͠ͅC̴̱̖̤̞̗̘͂̀̅͗Õ̷̢̗̘͎̠͓̦̱͍̥̘̻͔̞͚̘̹̮͎̝̮̤̳̪͂̋M̷̢̨̧͕͇̫͕̟͍̺̥͔̩͙͖̘͕͇̫̜͍̹̻̬̩͇͎͉̟̟̬̰̪̘͍͎̦͙͉̤̘̒̓͆̑͌̉͘͠Ḛ̸̯̥̳̫̜̮̯͔̖̭̠̩̖̲̳̳̦̯̭̈̓͂̆́̓́̃̂̆̊̿̋̏͐̈̀̔͊͆̀̂̎̇̆̃̀̕͜͝͝͝ͅS̸̨͔̼͕̙̠͔͔̙̘̓̿̍͐̇͒͂́́̿̅́̌̓̈́̄͂̽̉̋͊̈̀̇̏̄̅̽͗͆̉͑͘͠͝͠͝͝͝