Chapter 29

"What are you saying, who got them?!" Jeff shouts, frantically searching through his room for any clues about Yenne's whereabouts. "Slenderman, I swear, I was with them the whole time. I went out for a second-"

"We do not have the time to senselessly blame one another," Slenderman cuts him off. "We have to act." With that, he teleports them to the living room, where Jane, Hoody, Masky, and BEN appear out of thin air next to them.

"Ayo-"

"What?

"Fucking-"

"Quiet." Slenderman's powerful voice echoes through everyone's heads, silencing the chatter. "I need you all to focus. The apocalypse is coming, faster than I could ever predict. The harbinger of death, the embodiment of chaos... my old friend. ̷̠͗́͆ͅZ̴̗̓a̴̿͜l̸̦̎g̸̬̔o̴̗̐." Not everyone present knows that name, but even they feel the weight it carries, the implications of it all. Slenderman's voice is serious, yet laced with... f̵̜͠ẽ̶͕a̶͙̒r̴͔̃. "He took Yenne. He took them, my only weakness... I am almost certain he is also the one who captured young Tobias. Zalgo knew this was the only way to get me where he wanted..."

"Why would He need you, Slenderman?" Jane asks, the only one brave enough to dare.

"Zalgo is not fully in power now. He could be, but for now, He is but a shell of His true self. To have access to His army, His indescribable strength... Zalgo needs a sacrifice." The tall creature pauses. "A powerful sacrifice."

"He needs you." Says Hoody.

"Yes, Brian, He needs me. That's why I never tried to fight him, why I built walls to keep me and the people I care about safe..." Slenderman looks over the group with content before turning serious again. "And yet, my hand is being forced. Now I have to answer his call and fight. I can... I think I can win."

"He has followers," he continues. "People and demons alike who are willing to give their lives for His cause. ...He even had a spy in our mansion. That's how He got to Yenne."

"It was EJ, right?" BEN quips, his hands balled into tight fists at his sides. Slenderman just nods. "This fucker- I called it. Day one. The way he spoke... there was always something off about him."

"What's done is done. We can't fix the past," Slenderman sighs, and Jeff can't help but feel guilty. "Still, this is why I have to ask you all for help. I can take on Zalgo, but his followers? Them I cannot defeat alone."

"I'll help!" Jeff springs up, capturing everyone's attention. "Of course, I'll help-" This is literally my fault. "-why are you asking? We'll do it, for you and for... for Yenne." He looks at the others for support. "Right, guys?"

"Never thought I'd see the day when I'd agree with Jeff the Killer," Jane muses, joining him on her feet. "Of course I'm in."

"For Toby." Hoody states, with Masky nodding in agreement. "We need to save our brother too."

"It would be pretty silly for me to say no. Y'all put me on the spot." BEN jokes, earning a few eye-rolls. "I'm kidding! Jeez, like I wouldn't want to save my friends- and the world, or something."

"...Thank you," Slenderman says, looking over the group with pure, fatherly pride. Without further ado, he stretches out his arm for everyone to grab. They all do, and in the blink of an eye, disappear from the room.

They have an apocalypse to stop, after all

- - -

After what feels like ages of walking through different halls and tall doors, you and Eyeless Jack finally reach your (presumed) destination as the corridor you've been following transforms into a grand chamber.