40b. Suprises and more suprises

Start from the beginning

I recognized the first voice as the voice of my father and that was the first time I heard his voice in a long while. It sounded so much like mine, except from the fact that he didn't have a Scottish accent like I did.

"It's not my fault that I fell in love with you-"

"Falling in love was never part of the contract. You wanted to break free from your parents so you decided to get pregnant and get married to me so we could start a family and you could be the way you wanted. You ruined the whole contract by falling in love!" Dad yelled.

Contract?

"I stayed with you for more than fifteen years, Samuel! You should have known it was impossible for me not to fall in love with you. I ran away because when I discovered you had other families, I felt foolish so I ran away so I could stop loving you."

I could hear the hurt and pain in mom's voice as she spoke to him.

"It doesn't matter anymore, Selena. I'm not the one at fault here and you aren't too. We are just bunch of adults who need some help at parenting." Dad replied.

There was a little bit of silence that lingered, not until I started hearing footsteps and when I tried to quickly run down before I got caught, I slipped and fell which made a noise.

Mom and him were at my side in less than a minute. I stood up like nothing happened as Mom hissed.

"How much did you hear, Aiden?" She asked.

"I was on my way to the rooftop just to get some fresh air. I didn't hear anything." I lied smoothly.

From Mom's look, I could already tell that she didn't believe my lie one bit although I wasn't in the mood to convince her.

"Akindele, we need to talk."

Dad always reffered to me as my native name, because he believed that it was part of my origin and the name shouldn't be silenced. Akindele was more like my name and surname.

"That is not my name, but yes, we can talk," I replied. A small smile crawled up his face immediately he heard my response.

He didn't say a word until we reached the rooftop of our house. We both sat down in silence as he took a sip from the alcohol in his hands.

I couldn't deny the fact that he was handsome. With his dark beards and chocolate skin and dimples, it was impossible for my mom not to fall for him.

"How are my siblings doing? I hope they know they have a brother and a younger sister?!" I spat. A smirk appeared on his face and his dimples were on full display.

Stephanie took his dimples.

"They know about you guys and one day, you guys would get to meet each other." He told me, taking another sip from his drink.

But I never got the chance to know I had siblings from your mouth. Touché.

"Why did you cheat on Mom?" I asked.

"I didn't know I couldn't cheat on her. It wasn't stated in our contract." He simply replied.

I had a million and one questions in my head that I wanted to ask him, yet I didn't know how to ask him or what to ask him first of all.

"Incase you're wondering, our marriage was never real. It was all a contract," he started, dropping the empty cup of alcohol on the table. "Selena's parents had her life all planned out for her before she was born. She never wanted to be a model but they forced her to become one. We met one day when she sneaked out to go to a club in London and we decided that we were going to get married so she could live her life."

The marriage was all a contract?

"So when you accepted, you already had a wife and some kids?" I asked him.

"Not exactly. I had a baby mama who had kids for me before I met your Mom and after I met your Mom, I fell in love with someone else." He explained.

I just didn't know what to feel anymore after I heard his explanation. I wanted to hate him but I couldn't because he wasn't the one at fault and Mom wasn't too.

They were just simply adults who were bad at parenting.

"Why did you run away?" I asked him. That was the only reason I could hate him for right now and a part of me prayed that he didn't have a logical answer for the question.

"My daughter had Leukaemia. I needed to be by her side always and I knew you could handle everything so I left you," he replied. "I'm sorry about that, though."

I'm sorry for Judging you too.

"Your daughter," I gulped. "Is your daughter okay now. Is that why you came back?"

"She died."

He took a sip of his drink immediately he said those words and the little smirk he had on his face had wiped off.

"Zephan, I want you to know that I love you just like every of my children and it wasn't my internet to leave you all alone with your sister," He started. "I'm sorry and I hope you're accept my apology."

I wanted to tell him how I've missed him and how he was wrong about Nigeria because it wasn't better than Scotland one bit. I wanted to tell him that staying with Mom for Fifteen years was leading her on but there was nothing I could do or tell him.

So I left. I stood up without saying a word. I went downstairs to the party, to act like nothing happened but I felt like it wasn't my space anymore so I left the party.

Outside the party was the only place that seemed to have some quiet, where I could think so I sat down by the pool side, staring at my reflection on the blue water.

I was in dire need of something to smoke so I called Augustine Agu and he was ever ready to deliver.

I lighted the cigarette and took a drag, exhaling the smoke out. Exhaling the cigarette smoke felt like I was exhaling all my problems away so I took another drag.

I didn't care whether Mom found me smoking or not, basically because I felt like she would understand me for doing this.

"Smoking kills, I hope you know that, except if you are trying to commit suicide."

I turned to the direction of the voice as a small smile crawled up to my lips.

"We meet again, Amber rose," 

Amber rose. That name actually fits Aishat though.

And Zephan is a Yoruba boy—Akindele. Who would have guessed sef?!

How can David hold an apple in one hand and an Apple juice in another 😂😂. That boy sha.

And I do not encourage anything my character do in my stories. Do not smoke! It's unhealthy!

See you at the next chapter.

Gracias ✨