So, about that

Percy's P.O.V

I woke up to a pounding headache. 

"What the..." It all came rushing back to me. Going to the graveyard, meeting up with the others, and later Diana and Kal, getting wasted, the blacking out. 

I looked around, taking in my unfamiliar surroundings. I grabbed my hidden knife and crept out of the room.

When I reached the main room, I visibly calmed down, realising I was in the cave... In the cave.

"How did I get here?" I murmured under my breath.

"Kaldur brought you back." I turned to see Dick looking at my with hidden pity. I wouldn't have noticed except for years of practice.

"Arthur told you." I deduced, since he was the only one here who knew that I hadn't seen.

He looked very guilty. "Yeah... He also said not to bring it up, so I figured you don't want pity, but do you want to talk about it? I lost my parents.."

I let out a laugh. Not the, that was funny laugh, the laugh of someone who saw too much, the one of someone teetering on the edge of sanity.

"I didn't just loose my parents. I also lost both my adoptive parents, the ones that adopted me the first time, the little brother we adopted later and the one that took me in when I had to run away to protect them. I lost the new family I made, all my friends, and almost all the ones still living betrayed me."

He looked at me in shock.

"Sigh. Don't give me that look, it's fine, I'm fine."

Dick raises an eyebrow, but decides not to push. "I have a question though, when you came back that night, you knew me, and you said you wanted to see Batman. Why?"

I froze. Dammit Kal, why did you have to take me back to the cave.

"When I was younger, he saved my life. I never got to thank him though." I said, molding lies and truth. "I was kind of glad to be out of Gotham after that."

"Do you ever miss it though?"

"Miss what? Being attacked every 4 feet? Needing a guy in a batsuit to protect me? The constant threat of dying?"

He raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah, I miss it. It was home."

"Why don't you ever go back? I mean, I saw you not to long ago, you said you were visiting your aunt."

I mentally cursed Dick for being so smart.

"I didn't lose all my family, just most of them. And as for not going back, well, I don't want to run into my brother. I mean, he thinks I hate him. And, maybe it's for the best."

"Why would that be for the best?" 

I pause. Wasn't it obvious?

"I don't want him to be hurt. Orin told you a bit, but not everything. If I had stayed, some people would have gone after him, and I couldn't deal with that. I miss him and our dad more than anything, but at least they're safe, or well, safer."

I zeta tubed back to my apartment and took a Tylenol. Talking with Dick opened some old wounds, ones that barely healed to begin with.

I decided to skip school, and spent the rest of the day crying, before falling asleep, praying for a peaceful sleep. 

I did not get that.

Dick's P.O.V.

After that talk with Riptide, I went back to the batcave. She seems so much like Percy. I miss her so much.

After school I decided to look more into Akia's records. She wasn't there, which was weird, but I would see her tomorrow. 

Her records just seemed so real, but they had a bit of fakeness there, almost intentionally put.

"All right, you seem to be setting out clues, but where do they lead?" I mutter.

After an hour of digging, I found out almost nothing, but her past sure was interesting.

"Dick, you down here?"

"Um, yeah! Are we patrolling tonight?"

"No, I'll go alone, you have a history test to study for."

I groaned at the reminder.

"See you tomorrow than. Goodnight"

"Goodnight."

Sorry for the long wait and short chapter. Any ways, guess what? TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! That's right, as of today, September 16th, I have aged another year.

I'll hopefully have another chapter soon, and if we get to 500 reads, I'll do a bonus chapter.

Please remember to comment and vote.

Bye!