Bonding!

Kudos to ME! for figuring out what to do. There might be random Taylor Swift references throughout the chapter because I can't see her, so I have a swifty fever. Also no shout outs because no one answered my question :(, so if you answer it, I'll give a shout out next chapter.

Connor's P.O.V.

Uhg, why is this happening. Wolf is sick and I have no idea what to do! Why did Cadmus program history and battle strategies into me, but not how to heal a sick animal? And it's not like I could take him to a vet! 

"Connor? Is everything alright?" I heard a musical sounding voice. It wasn't M'gann, she sounds too energetic and Artemis is more gruff sounding. "Riptide? What is it?" "Oh, you looked like you needed help." I sighed. She did have a wolf as well, so she might be able to help. "Yeah, Wolf is sick, and I don't know what to do." She laughed. "Okay, budge over, I'll see what I can do." 

She looked over wolf. 

"He has mutation sickness, I've seen it before. I'm gonna guess he wasn't always this big?" She looked at me expectantly. "No, we found him in a jungle, he had been mutated by a weird brain dude. He had been wearing a collar." "Okay, well, come with me, I'll see if you have what I need to make the medicine." "How do you know what to do?" "Well, my people get something very similar, and they're treated the same. It's not deadly, just annoying. It's kind of like our version of the common cold, but a lot harder to treat."

We went to the kitchen and Riptide opened the fridge. "What's Wolf's favorite food?" "Why?" "Because the stuff is awful, so the food will help it go down." "Um, nachos." "Great, can you make them?" She looked up at me. I had seen M'gann do it before, and she taught me. "Um, yeah." "Great, you do that, and I'll get started on the medicine." She pulled out some herds from her utility belt and started crushing them up. She added a little water, and when the nachos were done, added it in. "Here, give this to him, and he'll be better in a couple of hours, just don't eat any or you'll vomit up everything." I thanked her and went off to help Wolf, and Riptide was right: He was right as rain an two hours.

M'gann's P.O.V.

I was so upset. I had tried making cookies so many times, but they're always burnt. It was so annoying! 

"M'gann! Is everything alright?" A musical voice asked. "Huh? Oh, it's you Riptide. Every thing's fine, it's just...." I gestured at the cookies. There was a very large pile of burnt ones.

She laughed. "I might be able to help you with that. What recipe were you using?"

I blushed. "Um, I was making it up as I went along." Riptide smiled. "That's okay for when you're better at baking and cooking, but if you're still starting out, it's always a good idea to use a recipe." (And you know, not do it at 4:00 in the morning with the lights off. I may or may not have almost burned my house down trying to boil water for a cake. It also turns out that I DIDN'T EVEN NEED THE WATER!)

"Come on. I'll help you." She said and started to grab some ingredients. "Didn't you just say to use a recipe?" I asked when I saw she didn't pull one out. "It's kind of a mix between two recipes: my adoptive mom's blue cookies and my grandfather figures cookies."

"Now come on and help me out."

We spent the next hour or so making cookies, and they turned out great. She didn't tell me exactly why they were blue, but that was fine. They were so delicious.

Artemis's P.O.V

I shot arrow after arrow at the dummy, picturing it as my family. One shot for my father, another for my sister. "AHG!" In rage and frustration, I punched the wall. Why did I have to get stuck with the assassin family?