First Day Of School

Percy's P.O.V.

The dreaded day has come: Monday. The day I must enter the torture known as school. I hadn't been sleeping, as I was finishing my costume. I had set my alarm to go off at seven, so when it did, I hid my costume somewhere, turned Riptide into a hair clip and went to find my uniform. 

I swear, these things should be illegal, I mean, how can I fight in a skirt? I know monsters can't come here, but there are still the thirty trillion bad guys that call Gotham home. I'm barely kidding!

I fed Lupa and Midnight and made them promise to be good and not terrorize any mortals.

Before I went to school, I stopped at Starbucks and ordered my drink. If you forgot, it's a Venti Veranda Blend with two shots of espresso. I continued walking to school, and when I arrived, all I could think to say was: "Dam, this is definitely a rich kid school." I mean, it was huge! And I mean, insanely huge. It looked like a renovated castle.

I walked in the front door, and wandered around for a bit trying to find the office, when I ran smack dab into my old brother: Dick Grayson.

"Ohmygosh, are you all right?" I said quickly with a smile. "I'm Akia, I'm new here, and I am so lost. Uh, do you now where the office is? I have to pick up my schedule." I hoped talking about a million miles a minute would prevent Dick from recognizing me. It would surprise me if he did though, it had been over five years.

"It's fine. I'm Richard Grayson, but I go by Dick. And yes, I do know where the office is. Follow me."

I followed my old brother to the office, trying to keep myself from crying. "Here you are!" I was snapped out of my head by Dick announcing we were at the office. "Thanks again!" I said, giving him a cheery wave before heading in.

I took a couple of deep breaths to calm down after he'd left. It was hard seeing him again. I had missed the two of them every day since I had left, but had they missed me? Probably not.

I picked up my schedule from the office and proceeded to spend five minutes trying to decipher it.

While struggling, Dick noticed me. 

"Hey Akia, do you need help finding your classroom?" "Uhg, no. I just can't read this, I'm dyslexic. Can you....?" I asked looking at him. "Yeah, I had a sister who was dyslexic." He said with a sad face. "Had? What happened? I don't mean to pry, but...." "He glanced up from my schedule. "She ran away. I don't know why, but I miss her like crazy."

With those words, he positively shattered my heart.

"You have all the same classes as me, so you can just follow me around." He said with a fake smile. I could tell he was faking it, I did it too.

"Oh, thanks, you a a literal life saver!"

We walked to our first class in silence.

We walked in and Dick took his seat.

"Class, we have a new student. Dear, my name is Mrs. Miller, go ahead and introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you." "Um, hi. My name is Akia Jackson, I, uh, live with my aunt Hestia, I just moved here. I'm dyslexic and I have ADHD. I have a pet husky named Lupa and a bird named Midnight. I really like sword fighting and archery, and I'm an okay singer." "Well it's lovely to meet you Akia, you can go sit next to Richard" And Mrs. Miller pointed to Dick. I internally groaned, knowing that it would be hard keeping up my act. 

Mrs. Miller took attendance, and today, first class was math, which I was really good at.

As we walked to our next class, Dick explained the schedule. On day one, it was math, science, English then gym, on day 2, it was science, math, gym then English, on day three, it was English, gym, math, then science and on day four, it was gym, English, science then math. On day 5, if it was 5.1, it was like a day one, 5.2, day two, 5.3, day three, 5.4, day four. (This is how my school works)

Science wasn't as easy as math, since there were words involved, but Dick helped me out. English sucked, but gym ruled. I owned it! We played dodgeball (I hate the game but it works for the story) and since I was the new girl, I was picked last. I was on Dicks team, but when the balls rolled out, I was a one person dodgeball machine. I destroyed them in less then ten minutes. Everyone was shocked, but at the end of the day, people started being friendly towards me.

I walked home, and when I got home, I greeted my animal companion and finished my costume. Just in time, because, as I was finishing the logo, Diana popped in through the window. (I know I said a week, but just pretend it has been.)

"You ready cuz? Time for you to meet the team." I slipped the batterange into the secret compartment behind my logo. "Yep, time for them to meet Riptide." Diana laughed. "How original, are you bringing Midnight and Lupa with you?" "Um, duh, they're huge helps." We walked to the  nearest Zeta-tube and went to the cave.

Wonder Woman 03, Riptide B-08 (I know that that's Zatanna's, but she's not in this.)

"Everyone, meet my protégé, Riptide."

I'm evil, I know.

Sorry for taking so long to update. I have a reach ahead course I'm doing. Let me be clear, the only young justice members are the OGs, Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Superboy, Miss. M and Artemis. Please comment stuff, I would love to hear your voices. 

-Artemis