Happy birthday to me

Happy belated birthday Percy! Since I'm mean, this will be a depressing, angst filled chapter. My sincerest of apologies for not updating sooner.

Percy's P.O.V.

Sigh. It's August 18th, A.K.A., my birthday. The second anniversary of the Titan war. I turn 17 today. An age so many Demi-gods won't make it to. I had been staying at the cave over night after a mission, so I grabbed my fake ID and made my way to the Zeta tube, and went to the nearest LCBO.  

I bought 10 bottles of whiskey and 6 bears. The others, Thalia, Nico and Will were meeting me there.

Even though I can still get drunk, it takes a lot.

I was early so I made my way in. 

"Hey guys." I said to the two pillars. We had agreed to make today the anniversary of the giant war too, so we didn't have to sneak off as much. The pillars have the names of everyone who died in the wars. They were in a mist protected area, so mortals, nor monsters could see or get in.

"Hey seaweed brain." I turned to see the others arrive. "You bring the good stuff?" I held up two of the bottles of whiskey, "And y'all brought the glasses?" Thalia chucked a shot glass at me, which I caught.

I poured us each a glass, which we all raised up. "To the fallen heroes!" I proclaimed.

"TO THE FALLEN HEROES!"

Then we started drinking, in hopes of drowning our sorrows on the anniversary of the wars.

What a change this was from when Alfred, Dick, Bruce and I would sit around, eating cake, giving presents and laughing, or even with Sally, when she tried so hard. EVen if I ever went back, nothing would ever be the same.

Dick's P.O.V.

*1 Hour later*

"Where is Riptide, she should be here for mentor/mentee training." Bats asked.

We looked around, before Wonder Woman spoke up. "Is it August 18th?"

I looked at her funny. "Yes, why?" 

She and Kaldur shared a look, before having a muttered conversation.

"I forgot-" "Should we-" Let's both, she needs the support."

Kaldur than had a quick discussion with Aquaman and then he and Wonder Woman let via Zeta tube.

"They are going to see Riptide. Some terrible things happened to her a couple of years ago, so she's in mourning. The others went to comfort her." Aquaman said, seeing our confused faces.

"What happened?" I asked. 

He seemed to age 10 years. "Riptide will tell you if she wishes, but please do not bring it up. It was a terrible time, and she lost many friend, some she even considered family. It is the reason she has sever PTSD, and why she was hesitant about joining the team."

We all looked confused.

He sighed. "Please do not tell her I told you, or even bring it up. The last team she was on, everyone except for her died."

We all looked shell shocked.

Kaldur's P.O.V.

Diana and I went to the graveyard, to see four very drunk Demi gods, surrounded by ten empty bottles of whisky.

"Hello beloved." I whispered in her ear.

"Hey Kal! Hey Diana! You want a beer? I mean, it is my birthday." She said, drunkenly.

I looked at the pillars, and saw some names of good friends. 

I took the beer.

Diana took one too, and we sat down next to them, and Diana started to sing.

"Many years ago, upon this day, a hero was born

Many trials to face, but she had always won

On the day she was to celebrate

The end of a conquest

Disaster hit, and this day was no longer a happy one."

We all knew the song, as it was a traditional birthday one, so we joined in on the chorus.

"We look back on memories, joyful and sad

and remember those we lost

and always remember, we fight till the very end

no mater, what ever the cost"

It was a mix of a birthday, tragedy and new years song, but considering the circumstances, it was appropriate.

After we finished the beers, Diana took the others to where they were staying, and I brought Percy back to the cave, as most mortals would ask questions, as she was only just 17.

I forgot about the others.

"Aquaman said she was mourning, not getting drunk." I sighed. "This is her coping. I presume my king told you, so the things she witnessed were extraordinarily terrible, and she almost died several times, even venturing in to the darkest parts of what you call hell, so yes, I do believe she deserves to get drunk."

"What about you?" Wally asked. "I lost some friends as well in those battles, but not as many as her, so I don't need to drink my self into oblivion on the anniversary of both the war, and her birth." 

All looked so sad for her. For something so terrible to happen on her birthday!

She stirred in my arms. She looked over at her old brother. "Hey birdy boy! Where's batsy? I wanna..." "Okay, time for bed." I said, cutting her off so she wouldn't spill everything and put her to sleep in one of the spare bed rooms. "Good night beloved."

Alright! I got a chapter up! Anyways, hope you enjoyed! I just finished season two and the first three hunger games movies, so I am an emotional wreck. My terrible excuse of a friend doesn't help. 

Anyways, please comment and vote, as I love to hear your voices. Also please cheack out my two one shot books. I have one for DC and one for a whole ton of fandoms, and please submit requests. Thanks!

-Artemis