The Return to Gotham

Percy's P.O.V.

After blood of Olympus

The seven were dead, and it's all my fault I made the choice between saving my friends, or saving the gods. I had hoped that the gods would be able to save them, but they weren't fast enough. Now, I'm in my cabin, waiting for someone to wake me up from this nightmare. "Percy!" I looked up as Nico barged in. "Percy we have to go to Olympus now, before anyone notices." "Wha-what's wrong?" "The gods will explain, but we have to go now" "Should I let Chiron know?" "No! He can't. No one can." As we ran out of the cabin, after I got dressed, I was confused, until I saw what was going on at the amphitheatre. 

There was Drina, a new child of Eris, talking to everyone. "We must revolt against the gods, without us, they will be easily defeated! They have forced us into far to many wars that weren't our issue! They believe us to be their pawns, so I say, let us bring them crumbling down!" Everyone, even Chiron agreed, cheering. "The gods will fall, bring in a new age, where we are respected, and are new gods!" This caused even more cheering. "We shall attack in two days, at midnight. Who's with me?" Everyone shouted that they would join, which meant it would be all of camp Half-Blood nd camp Jupiter against the gods. "You see, now come on Percy we have to go." I followed Nico out of camp to Olympus. The elevator man, who usually is annoying and wont let us go, is practically shoving us in the elevator. "Okay, seriously, what's going on?" I asked. Nico looked conflicted, and before he had time to tell me, we arrived. 

We ran to the council room, or as I had dubbed it, the Lets-See-If-They'll-Kill-Me Room.

Great name. I know.

"Thank goodness you're both alright." Poseidon exclaimed, looking relived. In fact they all looked relived, which caught me as kind of odd, because they were never glad to see me. I also saw Thalia and Will. "Okay, now all of you are freaking me out. What's going on, and why was Drina staging a coup?"  "Drina, for the longest of times has wanted the world," Poseidon began "and has been began plotting to take it over for a long time. This was also the reason that Chiron forced you to leave your family." At this I made a choked sob. I had broken my families heart for nothing? "She knew that her greatest threat was us, so she decided to take us down, using you being depressed as her main point; that it was all our fault. We don't have a lot of time, and I fear we cannot stop them, so with the help of Hecate, we created a spell to seal of camp Half-Blood where all of them are gathered and create safe spots, where only those loyal to the gods can get in. There is just on issue, the four of you have to be a lot stronger, and so, we must bless you." They waited a beat before commencing the blessing. They are:

Zeus-Control over lightning and the allowance of air travel

Hera-Remove or return memories

Poseidon-Shapeshifting, vapor travel, the ability to freeze and melt water and better control over powers

Demeter-the ability to make plants grow

Apollo-to sing like an angel, play any instrument and accelerated healing

Artemis-stronger at night and good archery skills

Athena-wisdom and intelligence beyond our years

Dionysus-make people go crazy and only get drunk when you want to

Aphrodite-Siren song

Hermes-really good at stealing and super fast

Ares-better at fighting

Hephaestus-control over fire, monster proof tech and some new weapons

Hestia-the ability to summon home cooked meals

Hades-control over the dead

After we received these gifts via beams of light, we collapsed into heaps, worn out from the blessings.

When we woke up, the sun was high in the sky, which meant we had been asleep the entire night and most of the day. I quickly got up and raced over to Nico and the others to wake them, but i accidentally ran into the wall.

On the other side of the building.

"Well I guess the powers have kicked in." I said to my self, before jogging much slower to the others.

After abruptly waking them up, we went to find the gods, who were surprisingly (sarcasm) on their thrones. 

"Ah good, you're up." Poseidon said looking anywhere but me. "Okay, you're acting weird again, what's up?" "Percy, Sally's......" Poseidon trailed off. "No. No, no, no. Tell me you you're kidding." I turned to Hades, with a tear stained face. "TELL ME HE'S KIDDING!!!" "I'm sorry Percy," Hades said, "she's gone." I blanked for a couple seconds, lost in grief. First my best friends, now the mother figure I had when I had to leave my family. "Cy, Percy!" "S-sorry," I mumbled, "Now, when are we going to lock them away, because we should probably do it before I decide to kill them."

We set out after being briefed on the spell: it would be incredibly taxing, and we would most likely pass out after. We would need to cut our hand and stand at the cardinal points; north, south, east and west. Three gods would stand between us and the next person, with Hades and Hestia on the outside in case of emergency. We would also need to chant an ancient spell, switching from Greek to Latin every line. The spell was 

Με βαριά καρδιά και έτοιμο μυαλό

Miseram hanc ligamen exponimus

Δένουμε τους συγγενείς μας σε αυτό το μέρος

Ita humano generi non nocebunt

It means with heavy hearts and ready minds, we set fourth this wretched bind. We tie our kinsmen to this place, so they shall not harm the human race.

The gods teleported us to camp, somehow keeping us invisible, and when we were in position, we began the spell. We didn't stop, no matter how how much they screamed and begged. When it was done, we, of course, passed out.

After we'd all woken up, we went back to the throne room to see what would happen.

"Ah good, you're up." Zeus said, "Now even though we'd bound the majority of the demi-gods, there are still some spies, so, Thalia and the hunters will be searching for them. The barrier may also fade, due to the rush of the spell, so Will and Nico will stay here to keep an eye on it."

"Okay, but what about me?" I asked. 

"You will be joining the Young Justice League as my protégé to keep an eye on the mortal world." Said Diana Prince, or better known as Wonder Woman, stepping from the shadows. "Yes," continued Athena, "you will return to Gotham under the name Akia Jackson because documents in that name and you will continue to go to school. Gothem is also a protected spot, you shouldn't have a problem with monsters. You'll have a week to create your costume and decide on you name. We'll leave and give you all a moment to say goodbye."

When they left, Poseidon came up to me. "Percy, I have two surprises for you, the first is this raven." He said as a pitch black raven flew to my shoulder. "Her name is Midnight, and her family has been in the Ravenswood family for generations (Don't ask)" "Nice to meet you Midnight." I whispered. "She can carry messages for you, but here's your main surprise." He said, before giving a whistle, and out of nowhere, Lupa jumped out. The alpha female and I had grown quite close, but I was still surprised to see her here. "Lupa? What are you doing here? What about the pack?" "They will be alright without me pup. Besides, I couldn't let you go alone, now could I?"  "What ever the reason, thank you." I said, a real smile returning to my face for the first time in weeks. I ran over to my friends for a group hug, and promises were made to call with our new monster proof phone every week. 

"Percy, Will and Nico you have an apartments set up with unlimited credit cards, and Percy, you have been given a place in Gothem academy under the name Akia Jackson, make sure to keep up with your studies, no matter what happens alright?" Poseidon said. "Alright, and say hello to Tyson for me." I replied before being teleported to my new apartment. As I landed in my new home, it hit me: Bruce and Dick were still here, and I was about to join Dick's team.

1414 words. Even I'm impressed with myself. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Peace out demi-gods and superheroes! ✌️

-Artemis