Meeting Riptide

Dedicated to @Ringleader_625 and @pandinha_lua for being my first votes and comment

Dick's P.O.V.

Wonder Woman got a protégé? She had said she wasn't going to because she didn't want kids to fight their battles.

"Well, hello gorgeous! I'm Kid Flash, but my real name's Wally West. See, I already told you my identity, so you can trust me with yours." I rolled my eyes. He was such and idiot.

"Sorry, I'm not going to tell you, I want to be able to keep my lives separate, for now at least. Also, don't flirt with me, I'm taken." Riptide said. "This is my wolf Lupa, and my raven Midnight." She said, introducing the she-wolf and the raven.

I like her, she managed to stop Wally from flirting before he even began.

"I have a wolf as well, his name is, well, Wolf." Connor said awkwardly. Riptide laughed a musical laugh. "I like it." 

"I'm Artemis, no real name, wolf boy is Superboy, or Connor Kent, the green girl is Miss Martin, M'genne or Megan, you know Kid Flash, the boy in the shades is Robin, no name either, and that's Aqualad, but he goes by Kaldur'an or Kaldur." Artemis introduced the rest of us. 

"It's nice to meet you all." She said with a smile. "Here, if you want to take off the mask, you can wear these." I said, giving her a pair of shades. "Thanks." 

Kaldur then took her somewhere, to talk in private. She really feels familiar, I just don't know from where.

Percy's P.O.V.

"Kal, you never told me you were a superhero!" "I'm sorry beloved, it just slipped my mind."

Your probably confused, so let me explain. You see, at the end of camp, Poseidon decided to make up for being a shit father and took me to Atlantis, and assigned Kal to be my guard. We hit off, and after three years of being friends, we started dating, and I went to Atlantic more and more, much to Poseidon's joy. He knows everything about me, like about me leaving Bruce and Dick.

We walked back out after a couple of kisses, and the others decided to give me a tour. They showed me the training room, the spare bedrooms, the kitchen, the pool, the souvenir room, the engine room, amongst other things. They told me about their past missions and their lives in the mountain. Kaldur gave me an update on Atlantis.

"So, Riptide, how do you know Wonder Woman?" Wally asked, nicely, but not in a flirting way which was good. I didn't want Kal to kill him.

"She's my cousin, we hadn't seen each other in awhile, but when she saw what I could do, she asked me to become her protégé."

"What can you do?" I had decided to stick with my water powers, since I could control them better, but I might use the others if it was an emergency.

"It's easier if I show you." I lead them to the pool and proceeded to manipulate it into versions of themselves, freeze them, then melt them. I then vapor traveled to the other side of the room and back.

The others were staring at me with open mouths, so I blushed and acted shy. "I-I'm not amazing at controlling it, and if I do too much, I'll pass out-" "THAT WAS INCREDIBLE" Dick shouted. The others also looked amazed. 

"It was nothing, I've done better. I mean, I once created a hurricane and almost caused a volcanic eruption." Everyone looked at me in shock. Even Kal who knew I had done that. "In my defense, it was a couple of years ago, I had next to no control, and no one died." I said defensively. That also might have been a lie. I didn't almost cause a volcanic eruption; I did cause one, releasing Typhon. Definitely not my finest moment. We went back to the training room.

"Riptide, I want to test you, to see how much work we need to do to bring you up to speed." Black Canary said. "Don't hold back."

I looked at Diana. "Don't kill them, but do show them what you can do." She said in Ancient Greek. "Hand to hand combat for now only, we'll test your powers later."

I was first up against Megan, and I quickly got into a fighting stance. My eyes had been searching for possible escape strategies and exits, something I had started to do after... that place, while analyzing them. Megan quickly jabbed at me, and I grabbed her hand, and judo-flipped her over my shoulder, putting my foot on her chest, and try as she might, she couldn't get me off. Annie would have been proud.

Next was Wally. He was just as easy as Megan, trying to go with a kick that I grabbed and used to fling him to the ground.

After him was Artemis, who was harder, but still easy, then Kal. He and I had spared enough times for use to know each others styles, and it had been a bit, so I was excited to go up against him again. We both circled each other, waiting for the other to attack, when he tried for a double punch. I blocked the first one, and used the other to off balance him. He summersaulted, then twisted around to try and trip me, I fell on to him and we stared at each other for a second before I twisted and put him into a headlock. We got up both looking like tomatoes, with the others staring at us.

"You've gotten better." Kal stated in Atlantian.

"Is it just me, or do I detect some chemistry between those two?" Wally stage whispered to Dick, or Robin I guess right now. Robin shrugged. He was never the best a romance.

"Okay then, Superboy, you're up."

I knew that he had super strength, but I might be okay. I mean, I had gone up against immortals, and either I was a really good looking zombie, or I was alive. He didn't even try anything logical, he just leaped at me. I spent the next five minutes dodging, wearing him out, before knocking him to the ground.

For a third time that day everyone stared in shock. "I swear, you're going to catch flies of you keep doing that." I sassed. Hey, they don't.... didn't call me the sass queen for nothing. I ignored that thought as I prepared for my final fight, against my ex-brother.

We squared up, and I knew this was going to be hard. Not physically, I knew all of his tricks, but being up close to him would put a mental strain, something I really didn't need.

The fight was easy, he used old tricks, and when he kept switching up, I knew his tricks, so was able to keep up with him. It was hard though. It took me back to a time where life was simple, where I was still Raven, and I had no idea about the gods, or monster or any of that. Before I lost almost everything.

Everyone was still staring at me, and I knew they'd be looking into me, but I didn't care, I had proved myself, and that was all that mattered. 

Canary looked to Diana. "Did you know she was that strong, that she was that good?" She sighed. "Yes, and that was the only reason I chose her, because she was already in this. Either way, our paths would cross, and if our enemy's got to her, we would be doomed. Even the entire Justice League would have an issue, especially after....." "After what?" "Our family.... Did something to her. I don't know what, but she has become even more powerful than she already was, but that is raw power, so don't ask her to use it."

Canary nodded. "So I don't have to test her powers?" Diana laughed. "Not unless you feel like fixing all the plumbing."

"Hey, that was one time! One!"

Hey everyone, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I will give a shout out in the next one to who ever answers the next question first and correctly. This first one is easy, but they will become harder.

Who were the original sidekicks who went to the hall of justice July 4th?

Peace out Demi-gods and Superheroes.

-Artemis

I update/edited this chapter.