Bullies

Dick's P.O.V.

I wonder who Riptide is. Even Batman doesn't know, because apparently Wonder Woman never told him.

I also looked up Akia, and found her records. They looked odd, but I couldn't look into them now, because I had to go to hell- I mean school.

Most people hate me there because I was adopted by the richest person in Gotham, and that I came from nothing, but was super rich. They bully me a lot, but I never tell Bruce. He doesn't need anything else on his hands.

I wonder what Percy would have gone through if she stayed.

I suspect people would have more tried to date her instead of beating her up. They also would have been scared of her. If someone threatened someone she cared about, they would be beaten to a pulp. 

Me and Bruce saw that a couple of times on patrol, when ever a villain threatened one of us, she would sneak behind them and beat them up.

I still don't believe she left of her own accord. Someone MUST have told her to.

When Alfred dropped me off, I saw Akia.

"Hey Akia, over here!" She turned around. "Hey Dick! How was your weekend?" "Eh, it was good, come on, let's go, we need to go."

We went to our lockers, hers was five down from mine.

"Hey Dickhead!" I sighed. That was Aaron, which meant Kyle and Jake weren't far behind. "What do you want?" I said, turning around. "We saw you talking to that gorgeous creature, and Kyle called her, so we need to teach you a lesson." He said, punching me in the face. 

Percy's P.O.V.

I saw a guy start to beat up my brother for talking to me because a kid named Kyle "called" me, so, of course, I couldn't let that stand. 

I tapped on his shoulder.

"Huh?" He said turning around, and he saw me, or rather, my fist.

"Excuse me! No one is aloud to "call" me, and then beat someone up for talking to me!" She shouted, continuing to beat him up. Kyle and Jake tried to pull her off, and she turned around, kicking their legs from underneath them.

A group of kids surrounded us, and a teacher came out. "Everyone involved, to the office now, everyone else, to class!" He shouted. Aaron, Kyle, Jake, Akia and I all walk to the office, and she looked very pleased with herself.

The total injury count was two broken noses, three black eyes, three split lips, seven missing teeth and a cracked rib.

The principle called all of our parents, including mine, but couldn't get ahold of Akia's aunt. Apparently her parents were dead.

"Miss Akia, I could not get ahold of your aunt-" "Well, it is the middle of the night in Hong Kong. (We're pretending it's later.)" "And so Miss Jackson, since you will not be aloud to stay the remainder of the day-" "She can come with us." I turned and looked at the speaker, and was surprised to see my dad talking. "Very well Mr. Wayne, but I expect both her and your son in class tomorrow. They will both serve detention.

I was pissed, but after everything I had been through, I knew when to keep my mouth shut. Bruce also looked pissed but said nothing.

We went out to the limo, and I was really trying hard not to cry, and it got even harder when I saw Alfred, my adoptive grandfather.

"Alfred will tend to your injuries when we get back to the manor." "Th-thank you Mr. Wayne." "I should be thanking you, after all, you stood up for my son, who should have told me what was going on." He said, glaring at Dick for the last bit.

When we got to the manor, Alfred was shocked to see that I had sustained next to no injury, just a couple of bruises I hadn't noticed. I just shrugged and said that it happens a lot. Then he gave me cookies. Oh how I had missed his cookies.

He saw me tear up and asked what was wrong, but I just said they reminded me of my moms.

Dick and I had fun for the rest of the day, and it was almost like we were siblings again, like nothing ever had happened, but like all good things, the day had to end, and I went home, after assuring them I would be fine.

"Home sweet home." I said, before making myself coffee. After drinking it, I went to my gym and beat up a punching bag, until my phone rudely reminded my that I had my video chat with my cousins, and then a Young Justice meeting.

"What's up Pinecone Face, Death Breath and Sunny Boy!" I said, once again putting on my cheerful mask. 

Thals went first. "We've caught more enemy demi-gods, but nothing else on what they were planning."

"Will and I have seen no disturbances in the barrier, so that's all good. What about you?"

"Well, I joined the team, made my costume, saw my old family and already got detention for protecting my brother."

Will looked at me. "And how much sleep have you been getting? Don't bother lying, I can see the coffee cup and the bags under your eyes. What about eating? And you better not be over working yourself!" 

I just stared at him. "Guess." 

They all sighed. "At least try for two hours of sleep, two proper meals and only patrol for three hours, then rest." I rolled my eyes. "Fine." Well, they didn't make me swear on Styx. "I got to go, I have a Young Justice meeting."

We said our good byes and signed off. The meeting wasn't for a couple of hours, so I put on my costume and decided to go patrolling.

Dick's P.O.V.

Now that Akia's gone, I went to the batcave to look more into her files.

After about an hour, I discovered something.

"Should I be concerned that you're looking into your new friend's file?" I turned and looked at Bruce. "She's not who she say's she is. Her documents are fake." 

That got his attention.

"Do you know who she actually is yet?" "No, but these were purposefully made so that a very ell trained person could tell they were faked, so she, or who ever made them wanted one of us to find out, but to see who she actually is will take more work, and I've hit a wall."

Bruce looked strained. "Well, then lets go on patrol before the meeting. Maybe it'll clear your head."

We set off on patrol, stopping a couple robberies, when we saw a flash of blue.

We looked at each other and then chased after the figure, who seemed to be heading towards a Zeta tube. 

I lunged and grabbed her. "Jeez Robin! Was that necessary?" I startled back. "Riptide? What are you doing here?" "I was visiting my aunt. She has cancer, so I'm taking care of her."

"Oh." "Well come on, you have a mission." Bruce said in his I am Batman voice.

Then we Zeta tubed to the cave.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. Please comment and vote if you enjoyed! I have two oneshot books if you want to check those out. Peace out!

-Artemis