Chapter 32

"Siya nga pala Hijo, kamusta na ang deal with the En-Link Charter?" Tanong sa kaniya ng Tito Edward niya.

He couldn't answer immediately. From his Tito Edward's face, his gaze traveled to his fingers which were fidgeting with his fountain pen. The old man seemed to be a little bit fidgety and bothered which was very different from his usual aura.

"Uh uhm." He cleared his throat. "I'm working on it Tito Edward. It just so happened that I was really busy lately with some projects." He reasoned.

"Gino, hindi ba dapat na mas i-prioritze mo yung sa En-Link? Your presidency in the Phoenix Airlines depends on it." Singit ng Mama niya. His mom insisted to go with him whenever he's meeting with his Tito Edward.

"Yup, I'm working on it naman." He nodded to his mom.

"I think you should stop being complacent Hijo. Your mom is right, it depends on how you are going to get the deal." Edward said.

Napatingin siya sa matanda. He looked serious and uncertain. Hindi katulad noong nakararaan na confident ito na halos sure na siya ang uupo bilang president ng Phoenix Airlines. What's happening?

"Tito, may I ask if there are any candidates for Phoenix Airlines?" Hindi niya tuloy napigilang itanong.

"Siya nga naman Edward, what if Gino failed to meet the condition, may iba pa bang kino-consider ang Phoenix?" His mom asked.

The old man breathed deeply.

"So far ay wala. But we cannot be too sure. The board is very strict, let alone the investors. And they really liked how Kline performed before. Actually some of them are still considering Kline. Even though he stepped down and seemed to show no interest in the position anymore, he's still an Andrei." Sagot ng matanda na napapakamot sa sentido.

"Kline Andrei, Kline Andrei. Puro nalang yang bastardong yan! Na kung tutuusin ay hindi mo naman kadugo." His mom started to become irritated.

"Still legally he is, because he carries my name, and he is Cassandra's son. Wa all know she still holds her share right?" Edward explained.

"Can't you do anything about it?" His mom asked.

There was a pause. Nagpalipat-lipat ang tingin ng matanda sa kanilang mag-ina.

"I'll try." Edward answered eventually. "Even if we own the company, we cant afford to loose the investors. They have the power. Negosyo pa din ito Hijo, so you gotta do your best." Sabi sa kaniya ng matanda.

"I understand Tito Edward." He nodded. His mind was busy thinking.

"And by the way, in a few weeks there will be a board meeting. And they will be asking for updates on the En-Link Charter project. So make sure you have some development."

He just nodded. He's already feeling the pressure. Fuck! Kailangan kong magmadali sa mga plano ko.

"The board members also evaluates the background of candidates for the position. That may include public opinion that may affect the image of our company." Edward stood up and patted his shoulder. "Alam kong alam mo yan. And I'm confident that you have an impeccable personal and professional image."

"Uh-uhm yeah, of course Tito Edward." He answered while nodding.

"Yeah of course. You're different from Kline. All he did was chase women everyday and cause trouble." Dagdag ng matanda. Which he responded with a forced smile.

And after meeting with his Tito Edward, he went ahead and started his plan.

*****

"Uh uhm.." Yanku cleared his throat.