Chapter 23

"K-Kline?" She looked at him. Kline looked so wasted. His facial hairs grew unshaven and his eyes looked sore and red.

"Aalis ka?" His baritone voice cracked while looking at her luggages behind her.

Sinundan ng mga mata niya ang tinitignan ng binata. Her luggages was all set and ready, resting just beside the couch. Muli niyang ibinalik ang paningin kay Kline. His eyes that used to shine like the sun whenever he looks at her weren't the same. They looked gloomy and teary. Hindi man naka-bawas sa kagwapuhan ng binata pero halatang puyat ito.

"W-What are you doing here?" She asked out of lack of words and to dodge his question. Suddenly she couldn't understand herself. Nagulo na naman ang isip niya.

And what was that feeling? She suddenly felt ashamed. Bigla siyang nakaramdam ng hiya sa harapan ng binata.

"So aalis ka nga?" Marahas na napabuntong-hininga si Kline.

"I said what are you doing here?" She tried to sound irritated.

"Can't you answer me first?" Kline still asked. "You're leaving? Bakit? Saan ka pupunta? Alam ba to nila tita? Sinong kasama mo?" Sunod-sunod na tanong ng binata.

Shit! Bakit ba ang kulit nito? Two weeks itong nawala at nang magpakita sa kaniya hindi man lang siya kamustahin? At aba, hindi na ba ito natatakot sa kaniya? At daig pa nito ang daddy niya kung makatanong kung saan siya pupunta? Nakaka-inis! She tried to feed her irritation to deal with the situation.

She slammed the door closed.

"Arrraaayy kooo! Aaaarggghh!" Narining niyang daing ng binata. Pagbukas niya ng pinto ay nakita niyang hawak hawak nito ang isang kamay!

Ohmigosh! Naipit yata! She panicked.

"Ouch! Bakit mo ko inipit sa pinto? Aarghh!" Kline groaned. Hindi maipinta ang mukha nito.

"Omigod! S-Sorry!" Hindi niya malaman ang gagawin. "Bakit ba kasi haharang-harang yang kamay mo?"

"Can you please stop nagging me? I'm bleeding here."

Oh gosh dumudugo nga ang isang daliri ni Kline!

"C-Come inside. Bilisan mo." Utos niya dito, and she closed the door behind her. "Sit there." She ordered him to sit on the couch while she was getting her first aid kit.

When she returned, Kline was resting his head, eyes closed, on the back rest of the couch. She really missed seeing him around. Pero hirap na hirap siyang harapin ngayon ang binata.

She stopped for a little and took her time just watching his handsome figure resting oh her couch.

"Okay ka lang ba?" Tanong niya dito nang makalapit siya.

"Mmm yeah. I'm fine." Kline straightened up as she sat beside him to check his hand.

"Give me your hand." She said and Kline held out his hand for her.

She tried to calm herself when she reached out for his majestic hand. Even before, she really likes Kline's hands and just like his Adam's apple, she always look at them discretely whenever she had a chance. They looked so attractive.

She held Kline's powerful and sexy looking hand and it felt so warm. The feeling gave her butterflies on her stomach and millions of electricity flowing from his hand to her veins.

She looked up and Kline was staring at her. Iyong paraan ng titig nito noong ginagamot din niya ang mukha at kamay nito nang maki-pagsuntukan ito kay Gino noong nasa Clark sila. That night when Kline kissed her for the first time.