Ian slips out the room, embarrassment clear. He's a nice guy, almost thirty and doesn't have a mate. When he turns thirty he's going to be leaving to travel and find her. It's quite romantic. People usually find their mates between the ages thirteen and twenty. People like Ian and I just haven't.

"Darcy!" Harmony giggles. She jumps right into my arms. Her little ones wrap around my neck. "I'm so excited. Melody keeps talking about how she thinks Mr Future Alpha is going to be her mate." I bounce the girl on my hip.

"Really?" I question the little girl. She bobs her head repeatedly.

"She said he's really sexy and she wants to have his babies," she giggles. I choke on the air I'm breathing. I shake my head at the little girl.

"Don't call anyone sexy until you're as big as Melody and me," I scold. Harmony gives me a salute. I chuckle at her cuteness. Harmony and Melody both have Dad's blonde hair. I have Mom's black hair. You could say I'm an outcast of us three. Harmony pokes my cheek with her little finger.

"You like my new dress?" She asks with big, round eyes. I look at her little blue dress with a yellow sash around the middle. I give her a raspberry kiss on her cheek. She sqirms in my arms.

"You look beautiful. Who got that for you?"

"Miss Lilac. She said she's always wanted a little girl instead of big boys!" Harmony laughs. Her laugh is the only reason I'm still in this place. She needs me, Melody isn't really a fit guardian for such an active little girl. Melody is the I look innocent but once you get to know me I'll eat your eyeballs type of girl. She's not mean, just aggressive. "She said blue is the best color for my skin. . . co-cot- no. . . conp-."

"Complexion," I finish her sentence. She eyes widen and she nods her head. At the sound of the door opening and a large group of men coming in Harmony grips my arms a little too tight. "Hi boys." They turn their heads to me.

"Why hello, Darcy," Fred winks. I roll my eyes at him. I bend down to let Harmony down. I cup her chin so she looks up at me, her blue eyes wide. That's the only thing we sisters share, blue eyes.

"You be good. Go straight to the play room and stay in there with Jasmine," I tell her with a poke at her nose. She nods her pretty little head before running off. A crowd of boys come right over.

"How's the party planning?" One asks. I shrug and continue decorating the tables with little flower pettles and center pieces. Melody picked all this shit, not me. I'd just get some paper plates and call it a day. Melody decorates and I cook, that's how we live here. Harmony just goes along with it. "I like your dress. Maybe later I can help you out of it." I spin and drag one of my nails down his chest.

"I'd like that," I purr. A few hollers make me bite my lip seductively. Tonight is going to be good. "Now leave, I need to finish before Melody pounds my ass."

➖✖➖

His hands are rough. But I like it rough. I like it hard. And stiff. His name is Anthony is he's the Beta's son. Jackpot, Darcy. He just turned twenty and he's searching desperately for his mate, but I guess one night off won't hurt. The music is loud, people are having fun, and my arms are around a hot guy's neck. Our body's smash together, his obvious erection pressing into my stomach. Then all the music stops.

All dancing and laughing stops. I pull Anthony to the outside of the crowd so I can see what happened. The front door opens to a lot of luggage. People hurry up to collect the bags. A scent hits my nose. It smells like. . . cologne. The best cologne that's ever been mixed. I look around for where the scent is coming from. People freeze. My head turns slowly to the door entrance where the most beautiful man I've ever layed eyes on is standing.

His black hair is cut short. He has tattoos running up and down his arms. His eyes are as light as honey, but they're darkening as the seconds pass. If this is Mr Future Alpha they were right, he's so fucking ripped. He has muscles everywhere. Damn are his calves good looking. His muscle shirt and shorts don't do anything but make my panties wet.

The silence is broken. "Dane! My man!" Anthony shouts. Our trance is broken and Mr Future Alpha smirks at Anthony. They do that stupid man hug all guys do. Why can't they just hug? "Dude, you're ripped." Dane flexes his arm and I hear a thud. I turn and see Melody, on the ground.

"Ha, bitch," I mutter under my breath. Of course, everyone heard it. I glare at them. "What? Never heard a girl swear?" They immediately look away. I walk over to Melody. I read down and slap the bitch. "Wake up!" She jolts awake. Harmony comes running down.

"Oh dear!" She squeals in her little girl voice. "Is Melly okay?"

"Yes."

"No." Melody and I answer at the same time. I glare at Melody. "Don't tell her you're okay when you just fainted from the sight of an arm." I scoop Harmony in my arms. "I told you to stay up stairs." Harmony pouts. All eyes are on me again. I growl. "Damnit, Drake start the music again!" The music starts and people are talking again.

"I want to stay here with you!" Harmony yells over the music. I shake my head. The little girl pouts even more. "Why not! I want to see the sexy alpha boy too!" A deep chuckle comes from behind me.

"Well here I am little girl," the deep voice is that's directly behind me chuckles. Harmony scans Dane with her eyes. With a shrug and jumps from my arms.

"Harmony what did I tell you about that word!" I scold. She rolls her eyes at me before skipping up the stairs. "Damn little kids, never listen." Anthony comes over and spins me around. A squeal leaves my mouth. A hand steadies me. My whole body freezes.

I look up and my eyes are locked with honey ones. His masculine hand grips my arm, but it moves down to my hand. His thick fingers intertwine with mine. My heart is beating against my chest. My forehead suddenly is sweating. My wolf is howling, scratching, trying to get out. Mate! Mate! Fuck mate! I close my eyes, enjoying the sparks between me and Mr Future Alpha. My eyes fly open. My mate is Mr Future Alpha? It can't be. I'm well, a slut! Alphas don't mate with sluts. I rip my hand from his.

"Do you know who I am?" I whimper, stepping back from him. His eyes are hurt, very hurt. He steps closer to me, his breath hitting my face like ice.

"You're my mate," he chuckles. "Why wouldn't I know who my mate is?" A dry laugh leaves my mouth. No, no. He can't love me, or even like me, if I'm a slut. I thought my mate would be a normal wolf who I could run away with from this horrid place.

"I'm the pack slut, hon," I nearly growl. Dane's eyes fire up, clearly an idea has popped in his head. His hands encase mine, his eyes boar into mine, his hips smash into mine. I throw my head back, pleasure running through my body. Shit, my do I like this? I shouldn't like this. But oh do I like it.

"No," he growls in my ear. "You're my slut."