Chapter 31

Slenderman does his best to repel the countless foes that keep on appearing from seemingly out of nowhere. He can't teleport in such conditions - there is not a second to spare in which he can focus and try to pin down Yenne's location in this endless castle.

He looks over the chamber, checking in on how everyone else's doing. They are all doing well, with the exception of Tobias, the man still looking a little worn out from being held captive for such a long time.

The tall creature wants to go over and help the young man when a new, small cut appears on his suit. The tear stitches itself back up immediately but Slenderman looks down in confusion, wondering as to who in this endless sea of mindless grunts could have possibly-

"H̴e̷l̶l̷o̵,̷ ̶S̴l̶e̶n̷d̴e̴r̵m̶a̷n̵.̸" Eyeless Jack stands in front of him, armed with nothing but a scalpel. He's exuding an aura of pride as if his whole life has been leading up to this moment. "I̶t̸'̵s̷ ̸n̴i̸c̸e̶ ̵t̵o̸ ̶s̷e̶e̴ ̴y̵o̸u̵ ̵a̷g̵a̷i̷n̷.̷"

"Jack." Slederman hisses, his audible hatred reverberating through the minds of everyone present, making many heads turn in their direction. "You've managed to disappoint me in more ways than I could have ever imagined."

"I̴ ̷d̴i̶d̸?̶" The other laughs. "H̴o̶w̶ ̸a̵m̵u̵s̶i̶n̴g̶.̴ ̸I̴ ̶s̵t̵i̵l̸l̸ ̸c̵a̸n̵'̵t̵ ̸b̵e̴l̷i̷e̸v̸e̵ ̶i̴t̴ ̸t̶o̴o̴k̷ ̸a̶l̴m̸o̶s̶t̴ ̶n̴o̵ ̶e̶f̷f̷o̶r̶t̶ ̷f̵r̷o̷m̷ ̵m̷e̸ ̶f̴o̸r̶ ̸y̷o̶u̶ ̴t̴o̵ ̶l̷e̷t̴ ̶m̷e̶ ̷i̴n̵t̷o̵ ̶y̴o̶u̸r̴ ̶h̵o̶m̵e̴.̶" Jack lunges at him again, this time missing as Slenderman dodges and fights back, sending his tentacles in the masked man's direction. "I̷'̴v̸e̶ ̷b̵e̵e̵n̷ ̶s̴p̶y̵i̸n̷g̵ ̴o̸n̴ ̸y̷o̶u̴ ̵f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶d̸a̸y̶ ̷o̵n̴e̸.̴"

"And how did that one turn out, huh?" Asks Toby, suddenly appearing right next to the paranormal creatures. Jack catches a glimpse of his reflection in the other man's goggles but doesn't have time to respond as the brunette decapitates him with a powerful swing.

Slenderman watches with satisfaction as Jack's head falls to his feet, bashing into the man's skull with his foot.

"Slenderman, go. We can hold them off, that was our plan after all." The brunette says with a smirk. "Go, save Yenne." There's a look of regret on the other man's face. Without dwelling on it, the tall figure swiftly moves in the direction he senses Yenne's presence, their life force faint, but still there.

- - -

"Damn, you're good, but could we please stop? I was kinda in the middle of talking-" Zalgo's 'right-hand man' doesn't respond, just continues their onslaught of attacks, this time actually hitting the man, making him hiss in pain at the long gash that appears on his arm. "Motherfucker." He swings back, knife in hand, getting his assailant in the leg, the person not barely flinching from the pain.

"T̴͇́h̴̘͘e̴̗͠ÿ̷́͜ ̷͎͌d̴͇̋o̸͉̽ṋ̸̉'̷͔͌t̶͖͌ ̸̫̔ŗ̷̓è̴̖a̶̍ͅl̶͠ͅl̸͚͌y̵͇͑ ̶̻̂f̷̡̂ẻ̷͙ë̸̠ḽ̵͐ ̷̩̈́p̴̘̈ȧ̶̲ì̵̫n̷̻̈́,̸̣̆ ̴̠͆J̴͚͂ẹ̸́f̶̰̽f̷͈̐r̵͓͛ḛ̵͠y̵̙̅.̸̹͛" Zalgo laughs from his throne as he gleefully observes their fight. "T̴̞͝h̵̬͘ĕ̵̯ỳ̵̡ ̸̖́a̴̞̔ṟ̴͒ė̸̹ ̷̞̑m̵͎̓ỳ̷͍ ̶͇̆m̷͍͗o̶̪͌s̷̰̑ṫ̸̼ ̷̟͗t̴̫͂r̷̩̈u̶̻͝s̷̙̍t̸̘̆ḙ̵͘ḍ̴̊ ̵̢̿s̴̰̐o̸̲͑l̷̠̎d̸̰͌i̷̙͗ȩ̵̈́r̸̭̀,̵̪̆ ̵̰͊a̸̳̅f̵̖͘t̸̺̑ě̸͙r̷̼̔ ̴̮̎a̵͎̿l̷̕ͅl̷͉͆.̴͇͑"

"Yeah? Well, they'll certainly feel this!" With a quick feint to his left, Jeff tricks his opponent into defending that side. Then, he pivots and actually lands a forceful right hook on their nose, sending them sprawling onto the chamber's cold, brick floor.