of all the luck, why me?

Start from the beginning

"But," I looked back at Bom then back at Gin.

In ones perspective it would be a perfect opportunity to blossom new romances on each side. Jung-woo would be left with Bom, and I would be left with Gin.

On another perspective it would be a total nightmare; being totally alone with Gin, which I have never experienced before. We have always been in a group; together no matter what.

"Sure," I found myself saying.

"Can you write Bom a note?" Gin asked, "she probably won't even remember what you tell her now. I never knew she was such a heavy sleeper."

I nodded and found an extra piece of parchment and wrote down quickly, a note that explained what Bom had to do when she finally woke up.

"I set off an alarm for her," Gin stated as he meddled with the small clock beside Bom, on the table, "it should ring off at about ten."

"How long does it take to get to the amusement park?" I asked.

"At least thirty minutes," Gin checked his watch, "Are you still not prepared? Or should we go?"

"Let's go," I put down the note beside the alarm clock.

"The cars are outside," Gin gestured me to follow him.

"Cars?"

"Jung-woo's dad sent some of his workers to drive us to the amusement park," he replied as he led us to the elevator.

"Oh," I said as the metal door closed. Gin leaned forward and pressed the number one. It lighted on in a color of bright yellow. We were on the tenth floor and the elevator was surprisingly fast. The doors opened after a period less than thirty seconds.

"The cars should be parked at the back," he told me as he looked around and continued to walk quickly, "I hope we didn't keep the guy waiting too long."

It was less than a second Gin had led me away to the huge doors at the back of the building. Outside was a lot of cars, parked in different places. In the reserved spots of the parking lot was a black Mercedes. A middle ages man in a suit was standing outside of the car and greeted us as we walked over.

"Good morning," he said and opened the door for us to go in.

I felt extremely awkward and uncomfortable getting in a car of someone I completely didn't know but thankfully Gin seemed to be friends with the man.

"Thanks dude," Gin grinned as he climbed in the car.

The man just grunted and opened the door to the driver's seat.

Bom's POV

A loud shrill sound of the alarm woke me up for the second time in the row this morning. Feeling highly annoyed I slammed my hand against the alarm clock, only to find a piece of paper lying there instead. With force, I pulled myself and looked around. The alarm clock was several feet away from the bed, on top of Hyori's bed. It was probably her clever idea to get me out of bed.

After a huge yawn I stood up and walked up to Hyori's bed; turning off the alarm clock. Then I turned to the curious piece of paper beside my bedside that was not there the day before. I opened it up and recognized the familiar writing of my friend.

Hey Bom! After numerous and failure tries of trying to wake you up I gave up and left you be to sleep. The alarm clock should have made you wake up around ten...if you wake up. When you do, Jung-woo would probably as well. We (as in me and Gin the early birds) already left without you. The car's waiting at the back. Jung-woo would know where they are. Phone us when you leave and come quickly!

I read the note over again. She and Gin had already left?

I flashed back to the moments where Hyori had never wanted to be alone with Gin and looked strangely uncomfortable around him. I always figured she didn't like Gin but never mentioned not wanting to ruin any friendships.

'Gin's an early bird?" I thought as I walked around the room, now fully awake, looking for my backpack which was the corner side of my bed.

Taking around five minutes to put on my set of clothes I set outside and took another five minutes in the washroom.

Then I finally decided it should be time to wake up Jung-woo and advanced to his room.

I knocked once. There was no reply.

"Jung-woo?" I questioned this time as I knocked again. There was no reply and I was starting to suspect that he is a heavier sleeper than me, which sounds unbelievable.

"I'm coming in!" I shouted to warn him and seeing there was no reply I opened the door and walked in.

The room was quite messy with clothing lying down on the ground; typical of Gin. The other side of Gin's bed was a little nicer and neater than Gin's. It was Jung-woo's side of the room. Surprisingly his bed was lumped and rose up; he was still sleeping?

"Jung-woo, wake up," I shouted feeling awkward to get closer to his bed.

"Hey!" I said, louder this time, "I said wake up."

"Hello?" this time I took a step forward. Seeing that he wasn't going to wake up any time sooner I came closer to his bed and shook the blankets.

There was a groan and the blankets shifted sideways then stopped. At least I confirmed he was alive.

"We have to go," I reminded him, "Hyori and Gin already left! They're probably waiting for us at the amusement park by now."

There was no reply. Feeling ignored and impatient I pulled off the covers from his bed. Thankfully he was fully clothed as I only thought of that dire result after I pulled over the covers. However, he was breathing heavily and looked sweaty. His face seemed pale and his lips were dry and open.

"Are you okay?" I asked timidly.

"Yeah," for once he replied back - and it was a lie.

"You are so not okay," I muttered and helped him sit back up. He seemed to have some trouble but he got up, his back was wet.

I felt his forehead without hesitation feeling a wave of worry rush over me.

"Why do you have such a high fever?" I demanded, "Almost forty degrees? What's your problem?"

"Nothing," he muttered just need to rest and then he crawled back into his bed.

"Is it serious?" I asked, worried, "should I call your parents?"

"No," he shook his head, "they're at work. And I get sick easily, don't worry."

I flashbacked to the beach where he told me he shouldn't go in the water or else he could get sick. A lump formed in my stomach making me feel guilty.

"I'll be back," I muttered and walked out of the room. I went downstairs to the lobby and asked if they sold medicine around here for colds. One of the workers accompanied me to the small pharmacy inside the hotel, making me think this place had everything.

Inside I found some Tylenol and purchased the right pill that matched Jung-woo's symptoms. Then quickly returned upstairs and rushed into my room. I went inside the washroom and got a small flat bucket that I filled with cold water. Then, carrying the bucket filled with water, a small towel and the medicine, I proceeded back into Jung-woo's room.

"I'm back," I announced and pulled a chair over beside Jung-woo's bed. There was a small table where I put down the bucket. I set down the medicine somewhere else and took out the towel and soaked it inside the cold water. After soaking it I took it out, squeezing the unnecessary water out and folded it carefully into a small size. Jung-woo seemed to predict what I was doing. Without another word I set the towel on top of his forehead, moving away his bangs.