Chapter Thirty One

Talinda was honestly surprised when a couple of weeks passed and Remus still hadn't talked to any of them. To try and take Sirius' mind off of it, she brought him, James, and Harry to meet Franky. Well, James had met Franky, but Sirius and Harry hadn't. Franky absolutely adored the little boy, and she and Sirius became friends rather quickly.

James and Talinda spent as much time with Sirius as possible to try and keep his mind off everything, even if it meant they had to stay up all night with the boy when he was upset. Some nights James or Talinda would catch Sirius crying on the couch or in his room in the middle of the night, and whoever found him, would either sit or lay with him until he calmed down or fell asleep. Sometimes it resulted in the other person falling asleep as well.

Anyhow, today marked exactly three weeks since Remus had talked to any of them. Talinda was feeling more and more disappointed in the man. She couldn't believe he had turned his back on his friends and his boyfriend so easily. She was ashamed of him, and she hoped that one day he would eventually come to his senses.

"Tally, you want help making the cake?" James asked, as Talinda worked in the kitchen.

"Sure, you guys can get all my decorations and stuff together. Harry loves decorating cakes," Talinda replied, causing James to laugh.

"You want your cake table?" James asked, as he grabbed the big things.

"Yes, please," She answered, giving him a smile.

Talinda finished mixing the cake batter, and began to pour it into pans. When she was pouring them, she accidentally poured a little on the counter top.

"Oh, oops," She murmured, when she seen the batter on the counter top.

"I help, Mummy!" Harry exclaimed, grabbing a towel to wipe up the mess.

The moment that word left Harry's mouth, James dropped everything in his hands and left the room. Luckily, the stuff only dropped on the table, so none of it was broken. Talinda and Harry watched James leave the room, before Talinda quickly placed the cakes in the oven.

"Harry, love, I'm just Tally, yeah?" She commented,"Daddy doesn't want you to call me Mummy, I'm only Tally."

It kind of hurt her to say that to him, especially when she seen his face fall. He was upset by it, and she understood to an extent. He didn't have a mother, and he really wanted one. He truly loved Talinda, and he seen her as the mother that he needed.

"How about you pick out sprinkles, while I go talk to Daddy, yeah?" She suggested, and Harry nodded.

Talinda looked towards Harry one last time, before she headed towards her and James' room. She crossed her arms when she seen him sitting on the bed with a frown on his face.

"James--" She began, but he cut her off.

"He can't call you that. He has Lily. Lily is his mum," James spat, causing Talinda to nod.

She gave up without even trying to get a word in. Instead, she went back to Harry and pretended her heart wasn't breaking in two. Sirius had come to the kitchen for water when he seen her, and he could tell something was wrong.

"What happened?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Harry called me Mummy when we were cooking. James flipped out, and pretty much told me Lily was better than me, and that Harry didn't need me, and I wasn't ever going to be a mother. It was like saying I was simply a slag that got too close to him and Harry," She said, making Sirius frown.

Sirius decided that he was going to fix this. They had been helping him for so long, that he felt it was his duty to help them. He wouldn't be able to handle seeing them breakup, especially after his bad breakup with Remus.

"James, mate, you're being way too hard on Tally," Sirius said, almost the moment he walked into the room.

"Look, Pads, I don't have time to argue--" James began, but Sirius cut him off.

"No, you listen to me. Talinda has been here for you and Harry countless times. She's your girlfriend. She loves you, you love her, and you both love Harry. She's not taking Lily's place, James, she's just giving Harry the love that he deserves. Lily wouldn't be mad at you or Harry or Tally if Harry called Tally his Mummy. James, she'd be happy that another woman was willing to love Harry as her own," Sirius stated,"If you keep treating Tally like this, and hurting her, she's going to leave. She'll leave you and Harry, and you'll never be able to recover, and Harry would never forgive you. You think you could handle that?" He asked rhetorically, and James sighed.

"You're right, I need to apologize. She's just as much Harry's mum as Lily was," James replied, causing Sirius to shrug.

"More or less what I said," He commented,"but yes, I know I'm right. I'm always right. You should know this by now."

James simply shoved his best friend and let out a laugh. He then stood from his bed and headed towards the kitchen where Talinda was sitting with Harry. He needed to apologize and set everything right. He didn't want anyone feeling hurt anymore.

"Tally, I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything I said," James stated, causing her to nod.

"I understand, James," She murmured, but James could still tell that she was feeling hurt, and she probably would for a while.

"Harry," James squatted down to his size,"if you wanna call Tally your Mummy, that's fine. She's the perfect Mummy, and we love her so much," He said, and Harry grinned.

Talinda smiled slightly at James' words, knowing that he really was sorry for what he said. She definitely wouldn't let him get away with saying something so rude again though...