Chapter Twenty One

The next morning had been a little awkward, but the duo tried to tiptoe around it. Talinda wanted to speak to James and clear the air, but he seemed to not want to speak to her. She knew he needed to speak to Sirius, and she was close to apparating to the Potter home to get Sirius. She knew Remus could watch Harry for an hour, but she didn't know if she'd overstep her boundaries by getting Sirius for James.

"We'll be leaving soon, are you ready?" Talinda asked, trying to ease the tension.

"You said I had to leave my wand in the car, right?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck slightly.

"Yes, I did. Look, James, can we--" Talinda began, but James cut her off.

"No! Well--at least, not yet," He replied, his cheeks tinting pink.

"Can we talk after we see my sister?" She asked, her voice becoming quiet when she realized he wasn't even looking at her.

"I-I guess," He stuttered, before he grabbed his wand and left the room.

     Talinda sighed, but nonetheless less, she followed James out of the room. She drove them down to the correctional facility, and waited in line to sign herself and James in to see Franky. Mr Jackson had been the one checking people in, so when he seen Talinda he smiled slightly.

"Here to see Franky, Talinda?" He asked, and she grinned.

"You know it," She replied, and he nodded slightly, before looking over at James.

"And he is...?" Mr Jackson trailed off, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"This is my friend James. Franky wanted to meet him, since I've been staying with him for a while. Someone tried to burn down my house with me in it, after they had knocked me unconscious, so James offered up a room in his home for me so I can be safe," Talinda answered, as Mr Jackson's eyes widened.

"Are you alright? Did they catch who did it? Does Franky know?" He asked, causing her to shake her head.

"I'm fine, I was just a little beat up at first. They haven't caught who did it, but I couldn't recognize their face, so I wasn't really able to help the investigation. Also, Franky doesn't know, but I'm probably going to tell her today," Talinda said, as Mr Jackson led her and James to the room where Franky and other inmates were sitting.

      As soon as Franky seen Talinda, she stood to her feet with a grin on her face. Talinda quickly moved to Franky's side and wrapped her arms around her sister. James could see the uncanny resemblance between the two sisters, which he had somewhat recognized in pictures.

"Franky, this is James. James, this is Franky," Talinda commented, causing the two to look at each other.

      Franky grinned at James, seeing the evidently obvious adoration James held in his eyes for Talinda. Franky could tell there was an awkward air between the two, and she wondered what happened between them to make everything awkward.

"So, I'm going to guess Sirius is home with Harry," Franky commented, breaking the silence between the trio.

"Yes, but he promises to visit you next. He almost wrestled James for the chance to meet you. Honestly, I believe you and Sirius would make great friends," Talinda said, and Franky laughed.

"Tell me about yourself, James. How well do you know my sister?" Franky asked, a smirk playing on her lips.

"I'm an aur--well, a cop, I guess? According to Talinda, that's what you call them," James said, clearing his throat,"I, uh, I've know your sister for a couple months now, I think. I couldn't give you an exact time. I-I don't know what else to say, I, um--" James stuttered, his cheeks turning pink when Franky laughed slightly.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist, mate. I get it," She commented, and Talinda rolled her eyes.

"James, why don't we show you how to use the vending machine over there?" Talinda asked, causing James to look over.

     James had never seen or used a vending machine before, so he was excited to try one. He quickly grabbed Talinda's hand without even thinking, and pulled her over to the vending machine.

"Here," Talinda began, handing James money,"you put the money in this,"She said, as she pointed to the bill and coin slot,"then you press the numbers you want,"She added, pressing number four and letter 'd' to get crisps,"then the snack comes down, and you push this open to get it out. It works the same for the drink machine right here," She finished, as she showed him on the drink machine as well.

       Once she, Franky, and James had snacks and drinks, she and James walked back over to the table. She handed a snack and drink to Franky, smiling slightly as she did so.

"Was that fun?" Franky asked, smiling brightly at the two.

"Yes, actually it was," James answered, smiling to himself.

"Franky, I should tell you before we run out of time. Over a week ago, I was attacked by a few you know what and they  attacked me and tried to let my house burn with me in it. James and Sirius rescued me, and I've been staying with James since, which is why I changed my number," Talinda stated, causing Franky to frown.

"Jesus, Tally. Can't you be more careful? I want a sister for a long time, not one burnt to a crisp and buried before she even hits thirty or has her own bubs," Franky replied, and Talinda frowned.

"I didn't know they were in my home until they attacked me, Franky. I'm safer with James and Sirius around," Talinda answered, and Franky sighed.

"James, promise me you'll keep my sister alive. I can't lose her," Franky said, as she leaned closer on the table.

"I-I promise, Franky," He replied, and she smiled.

"Thank you," She murmured, and he nodded.

"I'm going to get a snack and drink for Harry. He'll be excited to have muggle snacks," James said, whispering the word muggle to Talinda and Franky.

     Talinda handed James money, then watched as he quickly walked away.

"What happened between you two? There's so much tension," Franky commented, causing her sister to sigh.

"We had a bit of an encounter last night. We were having fun, I mean, for the most part. We were kissing, and he had just pulled his hands out of my pants. I-I went to give him head, but he ran out and said he couldn't do anything else with me," Talinda revealed, causing Franky to frown.

"Oh, Tally, I think he was having second thoughts because of his dead wife. Maybe if you two can talk about it, you two can finally get into some type of relationship; possibly some more action as well," Franky replied, winking at her sister.

      Talinda believed Franky was right, but she wasn't sure if James would ever be able to have that type of conversation with her. She doubted James would ever feel comfortable enough to talk about it...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I know some of you are shocked by how much Talinda revealed to her sister, but she and Franky are close. They tell each other everything, even when it comes down to what they do in bed.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx