20 - Maddison

The rest of Christmas was spent in a similar fashion. Emilia made a delicious dinner, refusing help from anyone but Bucky and banning everyone else from her kitchen. Maddison chuckled at that, at the giant man that looked like he could kill you with his pinky, strutting around the kitchen doing anything and everything his 5 foot nothing wife said. She loved the sight of it, and nobody deserved devotion like that more than Emilia.

Jackson and Scott left right after dinner, well right after Emilia refused to let them help clean up after dinner. Maddison wasn't sure when she should head home, honestly she didn't want to at all. But she had to, she couldn't impose. But Emilia's home was beautiful and so comfortable to be at, and everyone loved having Avery around. It just felt so homey being there.

Steve came back downstairs, pretending to wipe the sweat off his brow before moving to sit down next to Maddison. "And she's down." He said as soon as his butt hit the couch, throwing his arm around Maddison's shoulders. He had insisted on laying Avery down for bed, she couldn't help but to let him when he looked so genuinely excited to do it. So, about 45 minutes ago he had taken Avery upstairs, bathed and changed her and laid her down in her crib. She just sat back on the couch, watching whatever Christmas movie Emilia had turned on.

"She didn't fight you?" Maddison asked. Avery had a habit of not wanting to go to bed, even exhausted, she'd fight it until her eyelids wouldn't even stay open anymore.

"Oh, she did. What do you think took so long?" Steve asked with a laugh. "I had to hold her and sway her back and forth for like 20 minutes until she finally passed out in my arms." He bragged. Maddison loved how happy he looked as he talked about laying Avery down. "I'm buying a rocking chair." He declared.

Maddison let out a laugh, readjusting her seating slightly. She felt Steve shift her to lean against him, part of her back against his chest. She hummed happily at the feeling, relaxing into him and closing her eyes. She knew she shouldn't relax, she had to head home before she got too tired to drive. But it felt so right being up against Steve like that. "She doesn't need a rocking chair, you're spoiling her." She said quietly.

Steve leaned into her, kissing the back of her head. "You both deserve to be spoiled." He said. Maddison just let out a little huff of a laugh, but didn't respond. She felt herself drifting off, shaking her head slightly to wake herself up. It wasn't a far drive, but she wasn't comfortable driving with Avery in the car while she was tired.

"Come on, let's get you some sleep." Steve insisted. He lightly patted her thigh before shifting her to stand up. Maddison just stared up at him, he wanted her to stay again? She just assumed she'd carry Avery to the car and pray she didn't wake up in transport.

"Steve.." Maddison said quietly. But Steve interrupted her. "You're exhausted, Avery is already sound asleep and I've never slept better in my life than when you were next to me. Humor me." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Maddison felt herself blush at that. She let out a little sigh, nodding her head and taking Steve's hand. She slipped back into her original pajamas, not wanting to sleep in the ones she'd worn all day, did her nightly routine and headed back out into Steve's bedroom. He was admiring Avery as she slept, that put a pretty big smile on her face, she loved how he loved Avery.

When Steve was out of the bathroom, changed into a clean pair of pajamas pants and leaving his shirt off, he climbed into bed beside Maddison. Luckily so, if he had stood in front of her any longer with his delicious abs on display and that v on his lower abdomen shown off, she probably would've started to drool. His bare chest acting as her pillow wasn't much better, he was warm and his skin was soft, but he was firm and sturdy. He felt safe. She never felt like she'd be worthy of the attention of someone as attractive as Steve, not after having Avery and gaining a hefty amount of weight. Before Avery, she was thin, pencil thin with almost no curves. She was shy as well, with dark brown hair and her head always in a book or a million miles away. When she met her ex, he didn't mind that she was quiet and a book reader. His head was always in videogames anyway. But it took less than an hour after she'd told him she was pregnant for him to run for the hills, well after demanding she get an abortion. That took such a hit on her confidence that she forced herself to be different, she forced herself to be outgoing. The money her exes parents gave her to leave their son alone paid for the two full sleeves of tattoos and the one fully tattooed leg once Avery wasn't breastfeeding anymore, the dark red hair was a birthday present to herself and the fake confidence and extrovert personality was to hide the fact that she hated her new body. While she was grateful that the weight she gained went straight to her ass, her hips and her thighs. It also went to her stomach, she hated sitting and seeing a roll. She hated taking her shirt off and seeing stretch marks, she hated that she jiggled. She hated that she went from a size 4 to a size 16.

Steve wrapped his arms around her, his hands squeezing her soft sides while also rubbing along her clothed body. It made her wish she could suck in her stomach, but she knew it wouldn't do any good. "I'm so obsessed with this body." Steve said almost in a groan, as if touching her excited him as much as it did her. His hands trailed down, one hand squeezing her ass while the other held onto her lower back.

Maddison didn't have a response to that, but she was pretty sure her cheeks were bright red and she was almost ready to beg him to tear her shorts off and fuck her. The only thing stopping her was the fear that once he'd seen her naked, he wouldn't be interested anymore. That once he seen her pudge, her rolls and her stretch marks, he'd be disgusted. The logical part of her brain told her that wouldn't happen, he'd lifted her, so he knew what she weighed. He'd seen her in her short shorts, so he'd seen her pudgy thighs. But the illogical part of her brain was winning that fight.

"Mads, I'm serious. I want to worship every inch of your body and soul and pray to God that after every day with you there's at least one more. I know it's hard to let me in, you have Avery to think about. But I'd never do anything to hurt either of you." Steve said.

Maddison felt the sincerity in Steve's voice, she believed him. She truly did, and she trusted him. But that small, nagging part of her brain telling her he would bail when she let him in was still screaming in her ear. But the voice kept getting easier to ignore. He'd bought a car just for her to drive, he'd cleaned her house when she'd fallen asleep in the tub. He'd done just about everything she let him to prove to her how serious he was. Jackson's words also came to mind, to stop pushing him away before he actually let her. "I know, Steve." She finally said, in a small and unsure voice.

Steve lightly squeezed her ass again, she felt his eyes on her, but she kept her focus on his bare chest that her head laid on. "What's holding you back, angel? Tell me so I can fix it." He pleaded.

Maddison debated in her mind, be honest or tell him some generic answer? He deserved much more than a fabricated answer about her hesitancy. "I don't look good naked." She blurted out before she had the chance to change her mind.