58: Sweetie

"Could've been a faulty electrical wire." Pope says as we sit outside the burnt house.

"Place was all wood." Kie tells him. "A tinderbox."

"Thing just went up. Boom." Cleo says as we all smell like smoke and we have the brown stuff all over us.

"Verdict's in, bro. Whoever's up there does not like you." JJ says as I slap his arm. "Sorry."

"Sarah, when did you say the pilot was getting in?" John B asks as we sit on the dock.

"Probably like an hour?  I mean, once he's here, my dad says we can leave whenever we want." Sarah says.

"Okay, well, as much as I would love to ghost my parents again, I can't." Pope says.

Shit.

"Pope, we're talking El Dorado here. Can you just slip out the back maybe?" JJ asks.

"Great advice." Pope tells him sarcastically.

"It always worked for me." JJ says shrugging his shoulders. "How to avoid unpleasant circumstances 101. If there's a problem, you don't wanna face it, turn that face and keister around and walk the other way."

"I'm not doing that, okay?" Pope says.

"I just want you to be there, dog." JJ says to Pope.

"I'm gonna be there. I'll meet you at the airstrip in an hour?" Pope suggests.

"I will to." I say standing up. "I was supposed to be back home the day we got back home. And I did in fact not coke back home." I inform the others.

"Not you to." JJ complains.

"Sorry J. I'll be there in an hour." I tell them. I look over at JJ and lightly kiss him on the lips.

I walk down the dock as I hear JJ jog after me. I stop and look at him as he looks at me.

"They are staring at us." I tell JJ with a smile as I see John B, Sarah and Kie looking at us.

"It's fine." JJ says.

"Did you need something?" I ask JJ confused.

"Just wanted to say I love you." JJ says with a smirk.

"We'll I love you." I tell JJ as I kiss him on the cheek lightly.

I back away as JJ grabs my face and kisses me hard. I allow his tongue to slip into my mouth as his hands wrap around my waist. We back away for air as he smirks at me.

"That's what you wanted." I say with a grin as I walk away from him down the dock and back home.

"Psst." I hear someone say as I look over in the bushes and see my mom.

"No. No. Go away." I tell her backing up. She grabs my wrist and pulls me into the truck. She wraps her hand around my mouth as she drives away.

We pull into this driveway as she grabs me and pushes me inside.

"What the fuck?!" I say as she brings me into the basement.

"You can't go to South America baby." She says grabbing my face with tears in her eyes.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Something very terrible is gonna happen. You absolutely can not go." She says as tears fall from her eyes.

"So you kidnapped me?!" I ask in disbelief.