5: Diver Down

I walk to Barry's house and walk through the front door.

"Oh my god!" Barry says as he comes up to me and hugs me. I stiffen and don't hug back. Barry hugging me? He most really care about me. I gently tap his back. "Shit sorry. Where were you?!"

"I told you I'd be out a lot. I was with the Pogues."

"Just text me next time."

"There was a hurricane." I say as he looks at me in embarrassment. I then walk to my room and get dressed. I exit my room wave goodbye and decide to walk to John Bs to explain myself.

"Hey!" I say as I smile and wave my hand. Kie looks up and rolls her eyes most definitely pissed at me and Pope looks sad that I lied and never told him. Then John B looks disappointed. JJ well JJ is feeling every emotion towards me.

"Look, I'm callin' it off. All right?" John B says as they all ignore me. "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"And you believed her?" JJ asks as him and I sit at the picnic tables.

"Yes, I believe her, JJ."

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." I state confused.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out." He says to me as he then looks at JJ. "It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

"You know what I should have done? Just let Topper drown your ass."

"Topper was gonna drown me?"

"Sure looked like it."

"Have you looked in a mirror?" I state as he ignores me and then talks to JJ.

"Tell me some more. Come on."

"They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win!" JJ says pissed.

"Look, it's okay!" Kie says annoyed.

"No, it's not okay!" I yell posed that everyone is ignoring me.

"It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something valuable down there, and you know it. I know you do. And I understand" JJ says as he looks to Pope. "why you don't wanna go. You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk. And you..." he looks to Kie. "I mean, you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother?" Then looks to me, "you're also rich as fuck." He the looks John B. "But you and me, man, we got nothin' to lose! We really don't, all right? And I know it didn't use to be that way for you man."He frowns.

"I don't want to talk about this. I don't want to talk about it." John B says.

"So that's it?"

"Just get out of my way, bro." John B says shoving past JJ.

"John B, listen to me. I have a plan." JJ says causing JB to stop. "You got the key to Cameron's big boat, right?"

"No." I say not liking this plan.

"There's scuba gear. We borrow that, and then we go down to the wreck this afternoon, and that is what's gonna save you, man. You don't see rich kids going into foster care, do you?" JJ says ignoring my complaint. This got John Bs attention.

"If we do follow this plan. Can we really  trust her." Kie says looking at me hurt.

"Okay yea Rafe and I are dating. And Sarah is my best friend, but I promise you there is a reason why I'm with Rafe. And we'll Sarah is just my bestfriend but I need Rafe until I get the hell off this island." I explain to them.