30: You Need Help

"Good news for residents of Outer Banks." The radio says as I decide to tune it out. We were all ducked down in the car as JJ flicked his lighter. I took his hat from him and out it over my face so it blocks the sun.

"Let's game this out." JJ says as the radio is now off. "Maybe you guys can help,
being the smart ones and all, but...who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us? So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial
kind of person, and the accused... is John B, who is... pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment." JJ explains.

"Thanks." John B states.

"Shit." Pope says rubbing his face.

"Okay, man. Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option." JJ says bring up Yucatán once again. "What other option do you have?"

"Enough with the Mexico bullshit. Sarah will bail me out." John B states. That's when it hits me.

"She did witness the whole thing." Kie states.

"I have an idea." I say as they all look at me. "Rafe trusts me. I can get him to confess."

"Nope." JJ quickly says.

"Why not?"

"He's a murder Eve!" JJ says annoyed with the whole situation.

"Look I know how he gets! He needs help, I know! But if I can just talk to him I know I can get him to confess or some bullshit." I state stressed out.

"I don't think you should." JJ states.

"Me either." Kie quietly says.

"We'll I'm going to." I say getting out of the car.

"You're gonna give him away!" Pope states with wide eyes.

"Don't worry I'm just gonna go other there! I'll be fine! I'll meet you guys later." I state. I turn around and run. I've been running for a while when I see a big White House come into view.

I knock on the door to see Rose answer.

"Hey, uhm can I talk to Rafe?" I ask.

"Nows really not a good time." Rose says with a smile.

"Please. It will only take a second." I say practically begging.

"Fine. He's in his room." She says opening up the door to let me in. I run up the stairs and walk into his room to see him packing a bag.

"Rafe?" I ask as he looks at me.

"What- what are you doing here?" He asks.

"I just wanna talk." I state cautiously scared to trigger him.

"Yea- uhm. Sit down." He says as he goes to sit on his bed. I slowly sit down next to him.

"Rafe, I care for you." I say quietly as I look at him tears at the rim of my eyes. "I do, I really do. But, you're not- you're not okay." I say as a couple tears leave my eyes. "You need help Rafe."

"I- I know." He stutters tears also in his eyes.

"You need to tell the cops the truth Rafe." I say now crying.

"I can't." He says also crying. "I was just trying to protect my dad."

"I know. I know. But Rafe, he killed my dad."

"I-I know-I know. I just can't tell the cops."

"Rafe, Ward blamed it on John B!" I whisper yell at him.

"Listen!" He says grabbing my shoulders as we stand up. "You can't tell anyone!"

"Rafe! You need help!" I say now yelling. I turn around to the sound of the door opening as Ward walks in. I freeze in my tracks and look at him.

"Get out." He says.

"You lied! You need to tell the truth!" I say yelling at him.

"Johnathan won't be happy." Ward states.

"He changed his name. It's not Johnathan anymore. There for, I own the business. So if you don't fess up I can't send you to jail!" I state the truth.

"You can't do shit. You got crappy lawayers and I got the beat in the island. Now get out." He says. I don't move as I feel Rafes hand grab my arm and drag me downstairs.

"Rafe! Rafe! Rafe! You need to tell the truth and get help!" I say yelling and trying to get away as he picks me up. I kick and scream as he puts me in his car. He gets in as we drive away.

"Shut up!" He yells at me.

"Rafe! Rafe! Let me out!" I yell.

"Shut up!" He yells at me repeatedly. He pulls over in the middle of no where and turns to me. "Let's get the story straight. John B did it. He's brain washed you. Okay. I didn't do shit."

"You murdered Peterkin and you need to fix this!" I yell at him crying and scared.

He slaps me across the face as I look at him with wide eyes. I slowly bring my hands up to my cheek and breath heavily.

"I'm sorry." He quickly says as he brings his hands up to his face. I look at the car door and see it's unlocked. I quickly open it and run. "Eve! Eve get back here!"

I run as fast as my feet take me. I make a couple turns and then freeze when a car comes right at me. They quickly come to a stop as I see the lights on the car turn off. I see a blond mop of hair get out of the car and run at me. I smile once I see it's JJ. He quickly picks me up and hugs me spinning me around.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have left." I say crying hugging him back. He puts me back on the ground and looks at me. I look at his eyes to see him looking at me lips. He quickly brings our lips together. It was short but filled with so much emotion. I pull away and grab his hand and run into the car.

"We have to go!" I say as they all look at me. "Rafe is probably after me." I say summing up what's happening. "Where's John B?" I ask noticing he isn't here.

"We'll meet him tomorrow." Kie states as she starts to drive. "These two are high though."

"Oh. Cool." I say looking at the boy as they are both now laughing. I wipe my tears and lean back in the seat catching my breath.

"You sure this is a good idea?" JJ asks as we are now outside of the Cameron's house.

"Yea I was just here about 20 minutes ago and they are all fucking crazy." I state.

"She's the only one who can clear John B." Kie states.

"Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." JJ states as Pope and Kie jump over the wall.

JJ and I sit in the car to be lookout.

"I'm sorry." JJ says as I look at him confused. "I'm sorry I argued with you."

"JJ you're high." I state.

"Nah. Not anymore at least."

"Well, I'm sorry to. I shouldn't have left. I should have just listened to you." I say.

"We good?" He asks.

"Yea. I mean, couples fight." I say shrugging and looking out the window. I notice JJ isn't talking so I look at him to see him staring at me. I can't help but blush.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks me.

"We're dating. Of course you can kiss me." I say smiling at him. He leans in and kisses me. His hands move to my waist as I lean in more. I move my leg to the other side of him now straddling him. We both pull away for a breath as our foreheads are together.

"Eve?" He says.

"Yea?" I respond.

"I'm in love with you." He states.

I smile at those words. "I'm in love with you to JJ."

1323 words. One more episode and season one is done! Also after I'm finished with it I'm gonna pause and work on some of my others but I will get season 2 out!