28: She wouldnt do that

"You sure he got everything?" I ask John B as we are sat on the dock. Except for Pope and Sarah.

"Every bar. The whole enchilada." John B says taking off his cast. "Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit."

"John B..."

"What, Kie? It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?"

"You should care. Your arm's gonna be messed up for life." She states.

"It's fine. See?" John B says wiggling his fingers.

"Guys! Guys!" Pope yells running down the dock as we all look at him. "Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

"You all right?" JJ asks.

"How was the interview, Pope?" I ask him.

"Don't ask." He says to me.

"Awesome." I state.

"JB... Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything."

"It's fine." John B says forgiving him.

"But... but I don't have a lot of time, and... and I have information that is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?" Pope explains. I stand up and look at him.

"Gold." I answer.

"That's right." He says pointing at me. "Exactly. Guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight, and we have to go. Guys, we can't give up now."

"What's the plan, big man?" JJ asks John B.

"We're gonna steal that shit back." John B says with a smile. We all run to the Twinkie and go to the air strip.

"We go in there, guns a-blazin'," JJ says putting bullets in his gun. "make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there."

"Down the Intracoastal." John B says.

"Wait for weather." Kie states.

"Exit to Cuba." Pope says as the others shake their head yea.

"Cuba?" I question. I know JJ won't let that happen.

"No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan. Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money." JJ says explaining his dream life.

"Let's do this shit." John B says.

We were looking through binoculars at the plane strip behind a gate.

"It's Sarah." John B says. I look at him confused. She wouldn't do that.

"She's with him?" Kie asks.

I take the binoculars and watch them.

"He's hurting her." I say as I give them back to John B.

"They're fighting."

"Hey! What are you doing?" Pope asks as John B gets in the van. We all yell his name as he drives through the gate and goes after the plane.

John B stops on the airstrip and the plane stops right before it hits the car. We then hear cop sirens.

"Guys, I can't get arrested." Pope states.

"I'm on probation." JJ adds.

"Look, we're no good if we're all in jail." Kie agrees. We all take off into the woods to get away from the accident that's gonna happen.

536 words. Let's just say her dad is gonna be in the book more.