43: Friends That Slept With JJ

"You don't think that Topper would..." Kie asks.

"I wouldn't put it past him." JJ states.

"Do you have your gun?" Kie asks.

"Oh, now she wants the gun." JJ says annoyed.

"Oh, now you don't have the gun?" Kie asks also annoyed.

"No." JJ states.

"Isn't that your "secret" weapon?" Kie asks.

"Hey, who's out there?" John B yells as we all walk.

"You Kooks better not try anything." Kie yells.

"Who's there?" JJ asks.

"How y'all doing?" Limbreys dog says walking out alone. "Lovely evening we're having.  Look, I, uh... I don't hold a grudge with any of y'all, all right?  But this can go hard,  or this can go easy.  You know what I'm here for.  Let me give you a little demonstration. You see that swing?  I got the best bow hunters in the Army Rangers with me."

"Bullshit." I say not believing it. The dog whistles as an arrow then guess flying past our heads.

"Now, they're out there.  They'll stick you
just as soon as I say so. We clear?  Now, I'm not gonna give you a countdown or any bullshit like that. I'm just gonna whistle." He says. Pope takes the key out his pocket and holds it.

"This key belongs to my family." Pope says.

"I'm losing my patience with you, Pope." He says as Pope hesitates but gives him the key.  "Did the right thing, kid.  Knowing when you don't have a choice is an underappreciated talent. You be safe. Easy there. Y'all have a good night." He then whistles to tell the people to go home.

"I'm so sick of this shit." Pope says walking away pissed.

"Well, hello, princess." JJ says as Sarah walks on the porch. I elbow his side to tell him that wasn't cool.

"Shouldn't you be on Figure Eight with your little group of polo players?  Or did you break up with Topper?" John B asks.

"John B." I say trying to get him to stop.

"We're just friends." Sarah says.

"He's just a friend. You have a lot of friends, Sarah Cameron." John B says pissed at her.

"Yeah, and it seems like you've got some of your own too." Sarah says.

"Especially friends that slept with JJ." I comment kinda disgusted by that.

"All right, what are you doing here?" John B asks annoyed.

"I'm here for Pope." Sarah says as we are now all confused. "I think I found the island room." We all smile at that.

"Guys, listen to this.  The diary says the cross holds the most holy relic in all of Christendom,  the Garment of the Savior." Pope says. I tune out what they saying and instead focus on my thoughts. Why did I get so angry at that girl. I mean. JJ and I aren't dating, so I shouldn't care. But I do. And even though it was only first base it makes me so mad. That's all the further JJ and I ever made it.

Maybe I'm just like all the others.

"This place still freaks me out." John B says as we all walk into the island room.

"It's the island room. It's been here this whole time." Sarah says.

"Yo, this is a map of the whole island." John B says.

"Yeah, John B, I think you're right because this is Rixon's right here.  And then, there's the lighthouse." JJ says pointing things out I run my finger tips iver the wall to look at all the cool paintings.

"Guys, look, Parcel and the well." Kie says pointing out where the gold was.

"So, if that's Parcel , and then if that's Rixon's, then that's gotta be the surf break at Mase." John B figures out.

"Right. And look.  Pope, come here. This is Denmark's handwriting for sure." JJ points out.

"The drawings, they match up." Pope realizes. "Denmark, you genius!  These are all his drawings. He... he painted this entire room."

"Yeah, question is why. What's he trying to tell us?" Kie asks trying to figure it out.

"It's gotta have something to do with the key, right? Right? " JJ asks.

"How did you know to uncover this?" I ask Sarah.

"I didn't. It was like this when I got home." Sarah says. My mind thinks back to Rafe and I'd conversation. Big John talked about some lady in Charleston.

He was talking about Limbrey. So they whole time she's know who I am.

Holy shit.

"Okay, then who did it?" Kie asks.

"The freaks." Wheezie says from the door way scaring all of us.

"What freaks are we talking about, Wheeze?" JJ asks her.

"Uh... that sick lady and her attack dog.  They... they showed up last night, and they wanted to talk to Rafe." She tells us.

"Wait. Pale blond lady?" Pope asks.

"She have crutches?" Kie also asks as Wheezie shakes her head ye.

"Wh... what happened?" John B asks.

"First, they searched the whole house looking for something,  and then Rafe told me to go upstairs.  But I didn't wanna miss out, so I listened through the grate. And they were talking about getting across the sand flamingo. Then they said stuff about some girl won't get the cut and she'll get what's coming for her. I don't know."

I'm the girl.

"That's code for something." JJ says.

"The cross. The Cross of Santo Domingo?" Pope asks her.

"Yeah, that's it. Oh, and they were talking about angels. A lot of angel talk. I don't know." Wheezie says.

"Angels?"

"Guys, Denmark's famous last words.  He buried the real treasure at the foot of the angel.  They're looking for an angel. We have to find the angel in the room." Pope says as they all start looking.

"Uhm wait Wheezie." I ask her. "Do you know anything else about the girl and the cut?"

"No, Rafe just said he would deal with it." She tells me. Then I should be safe. I mean, he said he loved me, he wouldn't hurt someone he loved. Would he?

"Hey, guys, I think I found something.  Come here. This humongous tree is still on Goat Island." JJ says as we all go to him. "You know what it's called?"

"Angel Oak." I say.

"Look there. There's the keyhole." JJ points out.

"That means the cross is buried at the foot of the angel.  Wow, that must be where he put it.  That must be where they are right now! We have to go!" Pope says as we all run out of the house.

"Nice going JJ." I say high-fiving him as he smiles at me.

1101 words! I'm so close to being done with Season 2!