29: Open the fucking door

"There goes the gold." JJ says as we see an airplane fly over head.

"Shit!" JJ says kicking a chair.

"Fuck!" Pope yells throwing things and breaking things. We all pause and look at him confused on why he's acting like this.

He picks up a bat and starts cussing and hitting the TV. We all look at each other confused and shocked no knowing what to do.

He finally stops and catches his breath.

"Yeah dude, I was wondering when this was gonna happen." JJ says walking up to him. He takes out his vape and hands it to Pope. "Here you go, chief. A little weed never hurt no one."

"JJ." Kie says.

"Relax, Kie." JJ says shrugging it off.

"You know he doesn't smoke." Kie says as Pope takes the vape and puts it in his mouth.

"Well, maybe not until today." JJ states as he sits down on the couch. I sit on JJs lap sideways as he puts his arms over my legs.

"Pope. Yeah, what is that gonna help?" Kie says.

"I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview." Pope says sounding like he's gonna cry. "Every... It's gone. It's not gonna happen."

Pope is the only person on the island who deserves a scholarship.

"You did that for us?" Kie asks.

"No, not for us." Pope says getting up. "For nothing."

"I'm here for you, Pope." JJ says turning Pope sideways and patting his chest. I figured I should stand up sense JJ shoved me off him. How rude. "Welcome to my world, okay?"

"JJ..."

"What, Kie? He's right." JJ says. "It doesn't matter anymore."

"You don't have to do that." Kie says as Pope starts smoking weed.

"What do you care?" Pope states. We hear a noise behind us as we look back and see John B with blood on him. We run to him as JJ grabs his hand to see the blood.

"Is this yours?"

"Whose blood is that?" Kie asks as we hear sirens.

"Hey, you okay, man?" JJ asks.

"John B, are you okay?" Kie asks.

"Shit." John B says as we all hide from the cop car.

"John B, what are we doing at the police station?" JJ asks as we pull up to the police station.

"Somebody's gotta tell them what happened." He says.

Pope starts coughing really bad. "Easy there, chief. Damn." JJ states, he then turns to John B and starts talking. "All right. I'm just gonna be real with you right now. You might end up in the lion's den, but you don't go there on purpose. It's fundamental. Just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter what the circumstance is."

"Your old man's an abusive liar." Kie states. JJ leans back again as I grab his hand and give him a tight lipped smile.

"I agree with JJ. Fuck the police." Pope states.

"You goin' to the dark side now?" Kie asks.

"When's the last time the police helped us?" Pope snaps back.

"Peterkin looked out for me, all right?" John B states. "Tried to, at least. They need to know." John B then gets out of the car and walks into the police station.

I turn to JJ and see him stressed out. Truth be told I was to. I haven't talked at all cause there's nothing to be said.

We lost the gold.

I have to deal with my shit parents and can't get away.

I'm stuck with the business.

I can't get the gold and help Barry.

And honestly all I wanna do is hug or kiss my boyfriend.

But I can't because Kie and Pope are in the car and I'm not making shit awkward.

I snap out of my thoughts when JJ puts his head on my shoulder.

At least I got one good thing going.

"Kie! Start the car!" I hear John B yell. We all go and look to see him running out. He jumps into the car as we all yell for Kie to start the car.

Kie starts the car and drives away as the cop puts her hands on the window and hangs on.

"Open the fucking door!" I yell at John B trough all the yelling. He opens the door and knocks the cop off.

We all catch our breath as I look at JJ. I can't handle this anymore. I lay my head down on his shoulder. Todays been a really rough day and all I wanna do is sleep in my bed as Barry makes awkward comments as JJ and I.

We decided to sleep in Kies car having no where to go. JJ and I got the trunk. I lay my head on his shoulder and fall asleep.

It wasn't comfortable.

I couldn't sleep.

"Cant sleep?" JJ asks me quietly. I look around and notice all of them are asleep. I put my hand on JJs face and pull him in connecting our lips.

We both smile and pull away. It was a sweet kiss. Just what I need.

"You're the only good thing going on in my life." I whisper to him.

"I could say the same." He says smiling. I kiss him one more time. I put my head on his shoulder again and we both fall asleep.

894 words!! They are so cute!