4: Secrets Spilt

"Well, that was fun. Could have warned us sooner." JJ says as we are all back on the boat in the water.

"We would have, except Pope was on the math team." Kie responds.

"You were on the math team?" JJ asks Pope.

"How do you think I know him?" I ask JJ.

"Shit you were on the math team to." JJ says looking at me.

"No shit Sherlock." I say lightly slapping him upside the head.

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene." Pope says ignoring our bickering. They all focus their attention to Pope as JJ grabs my hand. We look at eachother as I quickly pull my hand away. JJ does not deserve to be treated like this and with my Rafe situation I can't treat him that way, or we could both get killed. Maybe Kie is better for him.

"Did you guys find anything?" Pope says looking at us.

"Did we find anything?" JJ asks as he pulls cash and gun out of his pocke and holds it in the air.

"No, I don't think so. Oh, yeah, we did."

"What the hell?"

"Dude, what?"

"Dude, chill. Come on."

"Why take that from a crime scene?"

"Better than cops having it." I state.

"You serious?"

"I'm gonna lose my merit scholarship."

"Hey, hey, hey. Sh, sh, sh. sh, sh." JJ says pulling Pope in and putting the gun ti his lips.

"At least you have us, right?"

"I'm living the nightmare." Pope says pushing JJ off of him.

"Who's that?" John B asks as we see a dead body be pulled out.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm." This girl by us says. "Check out this pic I got. Dead body." She says showing us her phone.

"Scooter grubs?" I question.

"Yea Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it." We all share a look. I quickly grab JJs arm and pull him aside.

"JJ give me the gun right now!" I whisper shout at him. He hands me the gun making sure no one is watching. I flip it upside down and see it. The wheat symbol. Shit. "I have to go." I say as I give the gun back and run back to the group. "Bye guys love you." I say as I quickly run back home.

I see that no one is home so I go to my parents bedroom and I grab the gun they have in their room. The wheat symbol is in the bottom. "Holy shit! This is the symbol! The groups symbol!" I look at it in shock.

I then run to John Bs house and see them all in John Bs room. They all look at me as I run into the room out of breath.

"Kegger." Kie says.

"Kegger?" I question.

"Yea we're throwing a kegger." JJ says.

"Uhm okay cool." I say as my eyes find John B. "John B did your dad own a gun? Or like a knife or something." I ask as they all give me a weird look.

"No?" He questions.

"You sure? Like any weapon at all?"

"No."

"Do you have anything of his that he had all the time with him?" I ask determined.

"No only this bandanna."