14: Sweet Home Alabama 2.0

Mention of Sexual Assault

"Get in." Barry says. I get into the car and buckle up. "Why do you have no clothes on?" He asks.

"Rafe tried to have sex with me but I told him no and Sarah called me a slut." I say as I feel him hug me.

"If you aren't ready you aren't ready. And you're not a slut."

"I've never done it with Rafe I have with other men but not him and I don't want to. I'm only with him so his dad stays in the business.

"Wanna go to the wreck and get some food?" Barry asks.

"I'm starving." I say smiling at him. He always knows how to make me smile.

We drive to the wreck and park outside.

"There's shorts in the back and I have an extra shirt back there too." Barry says as I climb in back and quickly put on the shirt and shorts.

We get out of the car and walk to the front door.

"We're closed!" Mike yells as he walks toward us. "Evelyn?"

"Hey. We were just hungry and we didn't realize you were closed." I say as Mike keeps looking over at Barry.

"I have some extra food if you wanna sit and eat." Mike says.

"Here." Barry says handing him 30 bucks. "I don't know if that's enough but it's all I got."

"It's enough." Mike says as we walk to a table.

"Here you go." Mike says bringing us some fries and soda.

"Thank you." Barry and I both say.

"Those kids youre age?" Barry asks pointing his head at the kids walking through the door.

The pogues.

"Oh uhm yea." I say looking back to him.

"They come from the party you were just at?"

"No." I say as they walk past me as I hide my face.

"Hey, Dad." Kie says hugging her dad. "How'd we do?"

"Didn't turn it over once." Mike says as the boys walk to the corner.

"It's probably just bad luck because of the storm."

"Yeah, I'll be sure to tell the banks that."

"Guess now is not the best time to ask for free food for me and my friends?" She asks with a pleading smile. "Look at them." She says as they look at the boys and they wave with smiles.

"They're greedy pelicans. I told you to stop
hanging around them." Mike says. "Why can't you hang out with Eve more. She's a kook. Or what about Sarah."

"Well, everybody at the Kook Academy hates me, Dad."

"Cause you never gave them a chance."

"I did give them a chance." She argues. "They got stuck up. They care more about shoes than surfing. These are my friends." There's a pause as Mike thinks this out.

"Well, I... I got... I gotta throw it out. I gave Eve and some dude she's on a date with some of the food. Might as well take it."

"Eve? On a date?" She says.

"Yea right over there." Mike says pointing to Barry and I as I quickly focus back on what Barry's talking about.

"So yea. I was a pretty troubled teen if you ask me." Barry says laughing.

Kie walks past me as all the boys go to sit down. I shortly hear music play.

"Music? Those kids must have put it on." Barry says once we've finished eating. "Wanna go sit with those kids are do you wanna come home with me?" He asks.

"Could I meet tot home? Or can I stay at John B's?"

"You can do whatever you want." Barry walks out the door as I go over towards my friends to see John B and Kie dancing.

"Sooooo, who was that?" Kie asks smiling.

"What?" I ask her.

"The guy! My dad said it was a date." All the boys look to me with looks. JJ looks at me confused.

"That is my kinda brother. Not blood related but acts like my brother. He's also like 24." I say laughing.

"Oh." Kie says as JJ starts laughing.

"She thought you were dating youre brother." JJ says crying laughing now. I really didn't think it was that funny. I think he's laughing because my blood brother kissed me and my non blood brother was just shipped with me.

"Oh shut up J." I say as I walk over to him.

We spent the rest of the night laughing and dancing until we all went home and got ready for tomorrow.

746 words. Very short but I hope you enjoy! I just thought u could quickly post this and start the next chapter tonight.