3: Secrets Hidden

JJ and John B go try and report the boat while I'm waiting outside with Kie and Pope.

"So how's JJ?" Pope asks me breaking the silence.

"Really?" I ask him, this should be the least of his concerns.

"Have you made a move?"

"No I have not made a move." I state.

"We'd know if she made a move." Kie says.

"Well, that went well." JB says as him and JJ walk out from the place filled with arguing people.

"So, what's the plan?" JJ asked. I look at all the people and saw my mom with some man. Shit. I quickly turn away and try to hide my face. JJ gives me a weird look.

"Hide me please? And don't ask questions!" I whisper to him as he stands infront of me.

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." JB says holding up the keys.

"We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone." Pope argues.

"I'm in." JJ says taking the keys still blocking me. I then take this as my chance to look to see if she's gone then she made direct eye contact with me. Shit.

"If we're going can we go right now!?" I ask pulling them away. We all start to walk away but Pope is very slow. In fact all of them are when I hear my name. Oh shit, of course.

"Heyyyy." I say awkwardly. All the Pogue stopped and looked at me interacting with someone they've never seen before.

"Where have you been I haven't seen you home?" She asks actually worried for me.

"Out." I respond.

"Well I think you need to come home."

"I think I'm fine."

"Your stuff is gone."

"I've been at JJs." I say as JJ looks at me. I can tell he's confused because I have not been at his house but he covers for me.

"Yea she's been fine." He says waving.

"Okay well you cant be at strangers houses."

"He's not a stranger." I say quickly.

"I've never seen him before."

"You've never seen any of them!" I say annoyed.

"You're coming home with me right now!"

"No I'm not!"

"Yes. Yes you are."

"I'm staying with JJ!"

"That actually funny that you mention it actually. Barry came over asking for you."

"Uhm how about we talk over there?" I say as I grab my mothers arm and pull her away from the others.

"Barry? Is he okay?" I ask concerned.

"He said you stormed off. He came to check on you." She says in a quieter tone.

"Well what did he need?" I ask concerned for the boy I hate.

"I don't know he said you were mad this morning and yelled. He said he didn't trust where you were going and I see why. You're hanging out with these... Pogues!" She says mad.

I look at her in utter shock. This was my last fucking straw. "You're one to talk! Why the fuck do you think I left!?"

"Because you're a whore fucking around with them!" She yells at me.

"No! I'm so fucking tired of everything! Making me clean up your fucking messes!" I yell, although other people can't hear us because they are yelling at the police.