12: Pervy Married Men

"All right, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ says grabbing his gun.

"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B says trying to grab it.

"JJ." I start.

"You can never be too careful."

"You don't even know the dangers of having one!" I say.

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope states the obvious.

"Thank you, Pope." John B says.

"I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." Kie says leaning against the front seats.

"Put it back." I say right behind her as she hops out grabbing my hand ti help me out.

I don't know what JJ said to them but I'm glad they are acting like it never happened.

"There you go." Pope says as John B grabs the gun.

"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ complains. "Can't forget my badge." He opens the door and gets out with John B. "Professional busboy."

"So, where are we going now?" Pope asks as we all walk ti the building infront of us.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ says. "This way!"

We walk into the hotel and go towards the Kitchen as a short cut.

"Andrew!" JJ says

"All right?" Andrew asks.

"What's up, bro?" JJ responds as he walks away.

"Mama L, good to see you!" JJ says trying ti grab the food.

"Hey, no!" She says slapping his hand. "Why hello Evelyn." She smiles at me.

"Hey there Mama." I say hugging her with a smile.

"We got to go." Pope says grabbing me and waving to mama L.

"See, they got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat." JJ says opening up the door. We all run to the computers.

"Sweet Lord, the internet!" Pope says. "I've missed you."

"Let me get in there. Gotta check out my Insta models." JJ states. I slap his arm. "What was that for?"

"You got two hot chicks right here!" I say pointing between Kie and I.

"Damn right." She says giving me a high five.

"Coordinates, please?" Pope asks.

"34° 57' 30 " north. 75° 55' 42" west." John B says reading them off the map.

"Boom, continental shelf right there." John B says as we all lean around pope.

"Well, if it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" Pope says.

We hear footsteps and laughter outside as we all look to the door.

"Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet." John B says as we all look at him confused.

"That's not too deep." JJ agrees.

"Is that doable or something?" Kie asks.

"Yeah, totally doable."

"Will we be taking your personal submarine?" I ask him.

"How do you know this, Mr. Dive Master?" John B asks him.

"The salvage yard. They got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything. It's for, like, deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need." JJ explains.