46: Cleo

"Nice work, John B. You know these things lock from the outside, right?" JJ says.

"Okay, I was just trying to get us on the boat, JJ. I wasn't thinking that far ahead." John B says regretting going in here.

"We're stuck in here like rats." JJ says. "In this death cage!"

"Okay, JJ, you're not helping." Pope tells JJ.

"You don't have a lot of room to talk right now.  You said you had a plan, but what happened to thinking ahead?" JJ asks calling him out.

"I find your lack of self-knowledge disturbing." Pope says annoyed.

"Last I checked, you literally shot an oil container with the gat. Remember that?" JJ asks annoyed.

"Oh my God! Shut up. Shut up!  Pull it together." Kie says getting them to be quiet.

"Let's try to find a way out of here." I say not liking how hot it is.

"Hey, Pope, how do you kill a snake?" JJ asks breaking the silence.

"You go for the head." Pope says annoyed.

"Exactly. But the head, in this instance, is the bridge.  To take the bridge, we need maximum firepower.  And I happen to know that there's an armory on this ship in case of pirate attacks." JJ states.

"Pirate attacks." Kie repeats pissed.

"If we take that-- I'm not just talking pistol." JJ says.

"You lost me." Kie states standing up and walking away.

"I'm talking knives." JJ states.

"Killing  everybody here is not a plan." Kie says pissed.

"Ah, we lost her.  I'm serious. If we get to the armory, I'm talking AKs, pistol, knives, double-barrels--" JJ says as I get up and walk over to where Kie is ignoring the boys.

"Look." Kie says as I look to where she's looking. A window.

"Guys!" I say as the boys walk over to us.

"Can we fit though that, yeah?" Kie asks.

"Hell yeah. Nice one, Kie." John B states.

"What was that about a Swiss Army Knife not coming in handy?" JJ asks holding his knife. He then goes to take out the window.

Okay, we raid the armory, get weapon, roll back here, and plot the next move.  The armory is on the third deck, aft, near the laundry room. Let's roll." JJ says making it so now we can go through the window.

"Hold up. I don't think we should all go out there. It's too risky." Pope says stopping JJ.

"Why?" JJ asks confused.

"I think you should stay here." John B tells JJ.

"What?" JJ asks not liking the plan.

"I have Sarah that I'm gonna go after. And Pope has..." John B says explaining.

"The cross." Pope finishes.

"Also, if you go out there,  there's 100% probability that you're gonna do something stupid." John B informs Jj.

"Okay, first of all, I think the correct terminology is "ballsy." That is it." JJ says.

"Okay, get down here." Pope says.

"I'm a field player." JJ argues getting down.

"If we go out there, and we get in a bind,  we need somebody to look out for us. That's what we need." John B tells JJ.

"Okay. I get it. I get it. I get it. I'll be on the B team." JJ says pissed.

"I never said "B team."" John B corrects.

"Sorry. Are you calling me "B team"?" I ask knowing they are gonna make me stay to, "Did B team not just find help our way out, or am I totally tripping?"

"Hang back. Hold down the fort." Pope tells us as Kie, Pope and John B start to leave.

"Great. Looking forward to it. Mm-hmm." JJ says upset.

"I am fucking amazing to hang out with for you're information." I tell JJ.

"I've been thinking.  When all this is over, and we're just rolling in the dough,  I'm gonna get a new board. I'm gonna deck it out,  and I'm gonna go on a surf trip.  I don't know where,
but, like, the world's calling. I don't know. Name a place." JJ tells me.

"Spain." I name.

"Then after Spain, South America or South Africa." JJ says smiling.

"You'll go to South Africa?" I question him with a smile.

"One of the South places.  Then Micronesia maybe, and then... and just ride. Wherever the wave takes you, you know?" JJ says.

"So that's the plan if we were to get a ton of cash?  That's the dream? Surf trip?" I ask a smile never leaving our faces.

"Ripping jungle break all day long. Bamboo hut, cooking a fish on a fire,  and after that, you go back out and just hit the waves again. That's the dream."

"Sounds perfect." I say wanting nothing more than to just surf, and enjoy life. "Got room for one more?"

"You got your passport?" He asks me.

"You don't have a passport." I tell JJ laughing.

"Hell no, I don't got a passport. Kookiest thing ever." JJ says also laughing. Once we stop laughing JJ talks again. "What's you're plan?"

"Get Barry out of this island, give him the life he always deserved. Then just travel, don't care where. Just travel. Maybe see snow for the first time, that would be amazing." I say smiling at the thought.

"Snow? That's what you want?" JJ asks surprised.

"Yea, then come back and surf. I don't wanna live with snow, but it would be nice to see it." I tell JJ.

"Wanna take me with?" JJ asks with a smile.

"Hell yea." I say laughing.

"Hey. Hey. Open it." I hear Pope whisper. JJ and I get up and open the window for them to climb through.

"Jesus Christ! I kill you, John B!" Some girl says as she starts to climb in.

"Who is this?" JJ asks confused.

"Just relax. Just relax, okay? I told you I had a surprise." John B says. "Remember I told you about the girl we met in the Bahamas that saved us?"

"Uh... Cleo, yeah?" I say confused as I realize this is Cleo.

"Cleo. She's gonna help us, all right?" John B says.

"Next time, ask me." Cleo says. I smile at her, I can tell I'll like her.

1032 words! I can't wait to write Eve and Cleo!!

#newpowerduo