22: "You wanna talk about to far?!"

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?" Kie says after John B told us what happened. Kie and I aren't on good terms but I'm in on this.

"Tannyhill." John B states.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." Kie says. What a bitch.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't..." John Bs explanation was cut off by Pope.

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?"

"I don't know, Pope."

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ asks.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?" I ask joining in.

"Look, you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie says.

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ says. Thank you! Someone who admits John B likes her!

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah." Kie states.

"I will. Involve her all you want." I say shrugging.

"Do you guys see her here? No, right. Okay.
A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?"

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ says.

"It's 'cause the coast has changed." Kie says looking at JJ as he raises his eyebrows. They look upset? I look at JJ and he rolls his eyes. Is he mad at me or her?

"So we just have to look for landmarks that haven't changed." Pope states.

"What about the old forts?" I ask.

"Battery Jasper." Pope states smiling at me. Good to know I still have him.

"We're in Battery, right here." Pope says pointing at the map. We went to Battery and it's a pretty view. "So if this is parcel nine,
then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somehwere there." Kie says pointing infront of us.

"Over there? Guy's, that's not Tannyhill,
that's a subdivision." JJ states.

"Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island." I state looking at him as he says. 'Oh'

"It got sold into smaller pieces over time." John B says.

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall." I say putting two and two together.

"Okay, so the road should split up here." Pope says giving John B directions.

I zoned out the whole time after. Why was JJ mad? Was he even mad? Did he find out we were talking about him?! Oh no.

"This is it." Pope says.

"Not the Crain house." John B says sighing.

"Are you kidding me?" Kie says as we all get out.

"Worst-case scenario." JJ states.

"Place is a shit hole." I say looking up at it. When Sarah and I were little we played hide n seek here with Rafe and his friends.

"Why'd it have to be here... of all places?" Pope says.

"I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husband's head on the property." JJ says as we all look at him concerned. He's joking right?