𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

Chapter Thirty-Two
𝐀 𝐒𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦

♛

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 came and went much too quickly for the Black siblings. One of them dreaded the monthly full month while the other dreaded the O.W.L.s sneaking up on her. 

Much to Alana's disappointment, she had not yet finished the animagus potion, with the problem of there not being any thunderstorms in the past snowy months. 

However, the first spring rain was supposed to come at the end of March, and Alana was too impatient. But, mother nature didn't seem to care for her lack of patience and listened to her own agenda. 

Luna had recently caught a cold from playing in the snow without a coat or mittens, Alana had tried to warn her, so she was in the hospital wing getting some pepper-up potion and then heading back to their dorm to rest. 

Meaning Alana was all alone for the remainder of the day. She didn't mind, however, especially since her potions class was shared with Astoria and that meant they could chat a bit. 

Slughorn had different plans though. 

When Alana arrived at the dungeons, she noticed her classmates all standing up alongside the walls, Slughorn was at the front of the class with a long piece of parchment in hand and he seemed to be waiting for the bell to ring. 

Once it did, he cleared his throat, and the room silenced. "Alright class, since we've had a few problems lately with our seating chart," He not so subtly eyed three pairs in the room. One pair was holding hands and whispering into each other's ears, the second pair were glaring at each other from each side of the room, and the last one was avoiding eye contact with each other, Alana knew of them as Charlotte Tilbury and Jamie Hammer, they had just broken up a few days before and it was the current gossip of the fifth year's. 

"So..." Slughorn began once more, "I've decided to switch up the seats for the rest of the term. Now, when I call your name find your partner and take a seat." 

"Greengrass and Tilbury." The two found a seat and didn't bother looking at each other. 

"Lovegood and Charles." Henry Charles huffed and found a seat, muttering something about being stuck with the weirdo which Alana quickly glared at him for. 

"Black and Hammer." Alana took a seat at the desk next to Astoria, not caring if it was going to cause drama between Hammer and Tibury, only caring that it was close to her friend. The two shared a look and rolled their eyes, not understanding why someone else's drama caused them to suffer.