𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Chapter Seven
𝐁𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐢'𝐬 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲

♛

𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 a day that Benjamin always dreaded. He loved everyone else's birthday, except his own. 

No one really understood why, and if Benjamin was being honest, he didn't understand either. 

All he knew was that his birthday was never the same once Alana went off to Hogwarts, she didn't wake him up with a water balloon splashing on his head the first year she was gone. She also wasn't there to sing Happy Birthday in a really high pitched voice just to annoy him. 

But when he went to Hogwarts and was finally able to spend it with his sister, it just didn't feel right anymore, and when he woke up this morning, it still felt different. 

He had changed into his school uniform and his robes before going down into the common room and waiting for his friends. 

Benji had pulled out his book and read while he waited, hoping that Demitri Mitchell and Phillip Moore would come down soon.

They were the chaotic trio of Gryffindor, McGonagall often said that when the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan left, then Demitri, Phillip, and Benjamin would take their place. 

Suddenly there was thundering of footsteps down the stairs, Benji looked up to see his two best friends racing each other down the stairs. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They both yelled once they reached the bottom of the stairs. Benji laughed once he realized that both his friends were doing weird poses. 

"What are you doing?" 

The two boys stood up straight and raced towards their friend, "Trying to cheer our best friend up of course!" Demitri said with a wide smirk on his face. 

"We know how you don't like your birthday, but that doesn't mean we still can't celebrate!" Philip said from the other side of Benji. 

Before the dark haired boy knew it, his friends were dragging him out of the common room down to the Great Hall. 

They were all chatting about random things, when Benjamin realized the change in Demitri's hair. 

Instead of it being curly and crazy, it was slicked back and styled to perfection. 

"Did you style your hair?" Benji asked, Demitri's eyes widened for a moment before his usual smirk was back.

"Of course, I got to look good for my best friend's big day! Thirteen! How crazy is that?" 

Phillip and Benji shared a look before looking back at their friend, "Really? Are you sure it isn't because of Alana?" Phillip asked with a slight grin.