𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Chapter Twenty-One
𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

Chapter Twenty-One𝐕𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 after the 'incident', Benji and Alana were finally released. Alana had been kept so the healers could keep an eye on her concussion, letting the bruising go down from her neck, and trying to help minimize the scarring on her back.

Benji didn't wake up until two days later, Alana was told that he freaked out and started calling for her. They assumed that he still thought he was back on the street when he got attacked.

The guilt Alana felt only continued to grow when she heard that, especially since she saw him only a few hours later and the state he was in made her want to vomit.

Regulus was in and out of the hospital, a woman named Rita Skeeter had somehow gotten a hold of the story and published it in the Daily Profit, so Regulus was trying to deal with it.

Margo was sleeping at the Hospital, only leaving when she needed a clean set of clothes or a new book. Other than that she was sleeping on a pull out, switching between her children's rooms every night.

The day they went home was tense and uncomfortable, and so were the next few days. Alana wasn't talking to anyone and locked herself in her room, only coming out to go to the bathroom. Benji was still in shock, he didn't talk much but when he did it was only simple like, 'Can you pass the marmalade?'

Regulus and Margo had no idea what they were doing, they tried their hardest but no matter what, both of their kids were still in so much pain and they were clueless.

They were also extremely anxious, since both Benji and Alana were attacked by a werewolf, there was a chance that either one of them could now be one. The healers said that they could run both their blood and keep it completely under the radar but it might be too early to tell.

The family was isolated, not only from each other but from the world, both the Potter's, Lovegood's, and Lupin-Black's had tried visiting but they had been brushed off with a simple, 'Now isn't a great time.' But none of them were sure that it would ever be a great time.

It was around a week later when Alana had finally decided to join her family for supper, although it was strained, Margo was glad they were able to eat together once more. Nobody talked, and nobody made eye contact, instead they stared down at their food in silence as they ate, that was until the doorbell rang.

Regulus sighed as he stood up, he truly did not want to deal with anyone that wasn't his family at the moment, but when he opened the door he was surprised to see the Minister standing there with an Auror.

Fudge smiled at Regulus, "Mr. Black! I'm so sorry to intrude at this time, but I believe it is urgent. May we come in?" The man didn't wait for a response, instead he pushed past Regulus and entered the home.

Margo came in soon after, wondering what was taking her husband so long only to see Cornelius Fudge standing in the parlor. "Oh, minister! What a pleasant surprise." She said with a tight smile.

"Ms. Black! We were wondering if we might have a word with your children." Fudge smiled, Regulus' face formed into a glare as he looked at the man, "Why?"

"We need to discuss the upcoming trial if you please."

Regulus scoffed, "We couldn't have done this at the Ministry? You had to come to my home-"

"Regulus." Margo mumbled, cutting him off. He sighed and shook his head before walking towards the dining room. He soon emerged with Benji and Alana following him, Benji was clinging onto his sister's hand while Alana was glaring at the two men sitting on the couch.

"Alana, Benjamin, as you know the trial against Julius Clark, the werewolf that attacked you, is next week. But we have an issue," Fudge began, Margo furrowed her brow, "What issue?"

"Julius comes from a long line of a very rich and successful family of pure bloods," Regulus scoffed but was ignored, "and the ministry was hoping that you would be willing to drop the charges."

"Fuck no."

Everyone's eyes snapped to Alana who held a heated glare on her face, "Alana-"

"No, we're not going to drop the charges because that man willingly attacked two children with the intention to kill them. He doesn't have the excuse of the full moon because it was only in the first quarter. We're not dropping the fucking charges." Alana exclaimed before walking off to her room and closing the door, everyone stood where they were in shock before Margo turned to Fudge, "I think you should leave."

A few hours later, Alana heard a knock on her door. Although she didn't feel like answering it, she did so anyways only to find BENJI standing in front of her door.

"M-mum and dad got the results back." He said holding up the envelope, Alana's eyes widened and she quickly ushered Benji into her room and onto her bed. She sat down next to him and they both stared at the whit envelope in his hands.

The boys eyes filled with tears and he looked towards his sister. "I'm scared, Lana."

Alana softly grabbed the sides of his face, "Listen to me love. No matter what, you will always be Benjamin Black, you will still be my annoying little brother who I love to death, okay?"

The boy nodded and pushed back the tears, they both looked back at the envelope and Benji finally got the courage the tear it open.

As they read through it tears formed in both their eyes, Alana was declared not a werewolf but,

Benjamin Black is now a registered werewolf.

He dropped the paper and turned towards his sister, he threw his arms around her and she held him tightly against her chest.

Regulus and Margo came to the open door quickly when they heard sobbing, only to find Benji in the arms of his big sister, a ripped envelope on the ground, and the test results from the hospital.

Regulus grabbed the paper off the ground and read through it, this wasn't the plan. Regulus and Margo were supposed to read through it first and break the news to their children but Benji must have gotten to it first.

Both of the adults eyes filled with tears, they didn't know how their son must be feeling right now. They soon joined the hug as well.

The Black family was falling apart, and they had no idea what to do.

Super short chapter but this was important to the story line and I didn't know where else to put it. 

But the next chapter will be up in like five seconds.

QOTD: What do you do in your free time?