𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Chapter Eleven
𝐓𝐞𝐚 𝐀𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

♛

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 a few days since the start Christmas break, and everything had been going great. Margo visited the bakery a few times since she arrived home, she and Regulus hired help since she still wouldn't be back for a couple of weeks. 

Nobody seemed to notice Alana's wounded hand yet, which she was grateful for knowing that her family was already going through so much. 

Alana and Margo were both in the kitchen when the snowy white owl flew through the open window, Alana noticed that it was Hedwig but she was confused considering she was working on Harry's letter at the moment. 

She walked over to the owl and gave her a piece of her muffin that she was eating, the owl happily accepted but stayed where she was. 

Alana gently grabbed the letter from the owls talons, which was addressed to both Margo and Alana Black, causing the girl to be even more confused. 

"Who is it for darling?" Margo asked as she approached her daughter. 

"Us. Both of us." 

Margo was just as confused as her daughter, "Will you read it to me?" 

Alana did as she was told, opening the letter quickly she began to read. 

"Dear Alana and Margo Black, it would be my pleasure if you would come join me and my daughter for tea at 3 o'clock this afternoon. Please send your response back with Hedwig and we hope to see you there. Best wishes, Lily Potter." 

Margo almost dropped the pot she held in her hands, she hadn't talked to Lily since Hogwarts. Why did she want to talk now?

"Mum, are you alright?" 

"Yes, yes I'm fine." She replied as she set the pot down. 

Alana looked worried and walked to her mum's side, "You don't have to go. We can just say we're busy." 

Margo shook her head and sighed, "No, it would be best if we did go. I have a feeling that she doesn't want to just have tea."

Alana slowly nodded, she was excited to go to the Potters and maybe get to see her friend, but she didn't want her mum to be uncomfortable. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes, we should go." 

Alana nodded and went to tell her father who was playing wizard chess in the parlor with her brother. 

Margo watched her daughter leave the kitchen and sighed, grabbing a piece of parchment from where Alana was working, she wrote a quick reply and gave it to Hedwig who was patiently waiting for another letter to deliver.