xxxi. whole bunch of lies

༺♥༻

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE,
whole bunch of lies
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

the official chad hate club had many infamous members, the leaders being evie and y/n, accompanied by the other members, the whole kingdom of auradon.

when the closet door was budged open by ben, a scared looking chad was cuddled into a ball, eyes widened as if he had just seen a ghost.

"i want my mommy." chad mumbled, earning a snicker from dakota, and a mutter from under his breath, "dumbass."

ben grabbed chad by his jacket, pulling him up as chad winced. "is- is audrey here!? she's gone!"

chad smiled and started running, "i'm free!? freedom!" he ran out of the cottage and into the woods, making everybody share confused looks.

harry started giggling, and everybody quickly left the house.

"woo, alright let's get this audrey quick taken care of already," uma said, as the group of teens exited the house and started walking toward the woods.

dakota and jay both snickered, and agreed.

"what do you say girl, time to wrap things up?" uma asked, turning to mal and watching as her face changed as if she had hit realization.

ben wrapped his arm around mal, "you know, some day, you guys are gonna have to tell me how you all got teamed up."

evie smiled and spoke up, "actually, mal promised to let all the kids off the isle once this is over."

before evie could even take another break after her sentence, mal interrupted the happy moment. "guys, i have to tell you something."

she stopped walking turned around to the rest of the group.

"um... i lied to you." she took a deep breath as uma and harry shared a look. "the kids won't be coming off the isle."

jay's expression saddened, "what do you mean?"

mal looked at her feet, then back up at her friends around her. "the program is shut down, and the barrier will be closed for good."

harry scoffed from behind evie and uma, and uma pressed her tongue to the inside of her cheek, uma walked closer to mal.

"it's for auradon's safety." ben added, making y/n turn to look at him. "you knew about this? and didn't tell me?" she mumbled to him, and ben held his head down.

"hold up, so we're saving your precious people, and your behinds, for a lie?"

uma sighed, looking mal in the eye. "i knew it was a mistake to trust you. only looking out for yourself."

harry clenched his jaw and looked at ben, "and you!" he walked over and pointing his hook in his face. "king ben, aye! you're probably just going to throw us all back inside of it."

harry spoke sadly, but anger washing over him as he turned to the girl behind him. "did you know about this?"

y/n's eyes widened, "no, i didn't!" she said, and harry started to seem even angrier, and jay stepped in front of the two. "stop it, harry. she said she didn't know."

mal dropped her head, "she didn't. it was just me and ben." y/n turned to ben, looking him directly in his eye, to which he avoided eye contact.

"i didn't know, but i should've. ben what happened to us being a team?" she asked, her voice was soft as she looked over at the embarrassed king who held his hand down.

celia walked up to mal, "you know what? i actualy thought you were brave. you're nothing but a chicken. too scared to tell me i was never gonna see my dad again?" celia grabbed the ember from mal's hand and put it in the water fountain.

"celia no!" mal shouted, running over to the pool of water and grabbing it, the blue glow slowly disappearing.

mal yelled at the ember to try and get its magic back. she turned to uma, looking for help.

uma kept a straight face as she looked at mal, holding her necklace in her hand.

"bummer. let's go find gil and leave this shithole." uma said, with harry following as the two dramatically stormed away.

mal turned and shouted, "uma!" y/n signed and whispered under her breath, "she's not coming back." mal turned back around to the rest of the villain kids. "evie, i'm so sorry."

as mal started apologizing to evie, they began bickering, ben turned to y/n with a apologetic frown on his face.

"i thought you were gonna stand up for the vks. but instead you lied to them." evie spoke, and mal's face looked like she wanted to burst into tears, as evie already was.

carlos looked frustrated too, making a disgusted look with jay as both of them looked like they couldn't even look at mal.

"and you lied to jay, and you lied to carlos, and you lied to me. we're your family. and you even lied to y/n! who has been nothing but welcoming to us!" evie sniffled, "how dare you."

ben turned to y/n, wanting to apologize but y/n just shrugged him off and rolled her eyes.

evie began walking away, followed by the rest of them, but before they could walk far, mal yelled, "guys i had no choice!"

and everybody turned to stone, leaving mal, by herself, to think about her decisions.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

lmk what y'all thought about this chapter 😜

sorry i love making things dramatic

ily

WORD COUNT — 905