xi. ben's coronation day pt.1

༺♥༻

CHAPTER ELEVEN,
ben's coronation day pt.1
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

the next morning everybody was up and at it. it was ben's coronation day, and all hell was breaking lose, even with the people who were barely involved.

angelica was scrambling around the school with ten rollers in her hair, forgetting everything everywhere.

y/n wasn't as stressed about her looks, but more about making everything perfect, especially for the vks.

the two younger girls, lilac and evangeline were listening to music in their dorm and figuring out what to wear.

y/n sat at her desk, applying her last touch of makeup when she heard a knock on the door.

"what's up?" she said, turning to see her dakota, in his sage green suit, to match his sister, and his parents' ongoing theme of green. "you almost ready?" he asked. she shoved her makeup all into her makeup bag before standing up. "yes, all i have to do is change. i'll meet you at the front in ten?"

dakota nodded his head and walked off.

y/n went into her bathroom, and changed into her beautiful sage green gown, almost identical to the one her mother wore to the beast's coronation, a couple years ago. it fit her perfectly.

when she opened the bathroom door, she grabbed her phone and saw the group chat blowing up. she went to look at it, but was distracted by another knock at the door. this time it was jay. he had a black suit, but a tiny sage green napkin food in the front pocket of his blazer.

at first he didn't notice her but when he looked up his expression changed completely. "oh my-" he stopped himself trying to find the proper words. "you look beautiful."

she smiled and looked at her feet, "this is almost identical to the one my mother wore. i wish i could've worn hers, but it didn't fit." jay nodded, then shook his head and remembered the reason he came in her room in the first place.

"sorry for just bursting in like this," he cleared his throat, "i- didn't really know when or how to do this or ask but i talked to ben and he helped me and gave me some tips-" he rolled his eyes at himself, "i'm exposing myself," he mumbled under his breath and continued, "but i got you this." he pulled out a sage green corsage, that perfectly matched her dress. "i talked to dakota and he gave me the shade of your dress so i could match it."

y/n couldn't help but smile, "jay, you went through all of that for me?" she smiled as he nodded. "i didn't know how else to do this, or when because last night kind of threw me off guard," he said, scratching the back of his neck, "but y/n, will you be my date to the coronation? i know it's not a very official thing but i'd be lucky to even have you by my side because you're so beautiful and i'm so lucky to even-"

y/n interrupted his rambing by placing a soft kiss onto his lips. he smiled and kissed her back. she smiled and pulled away gently, keeping her face close to his.

"is that a yes?" jay asked, his smile growing as she laughed. "yes jay, i would love to be your date. how could i even say no to such a handsome and thoughtful guy like you," she said softly, watching him smile and start to laugh.

"okay, stop that before you make me cry."

jay had never gotten much validation from his parents and family in general. he was talked down to, and didn't have a mother figure to tell him he's handsome or little things like that. so her words really cut deep to him. he's just grateful he has such a beautiful woman at his side, as his date.

y/n laughed a little and gave him a kiss on the cheek, before grabbing her phone and student id off her nightstand. "let's go," she said, holding her hand out.

the two walked out of the room, hand in hand, smiling big, and made their way to the front of the school, where the rest of the group was.

when they walked out, everybody greeted them and smiled. angelica shot y/n a look when she saw their hands together. "oh my god!?" she whisper yelled and pointed, showing the two young girls at her side.

"finally," lilac rolled her eyes and smiled. evangeline smiled and walked up to the too, "don't get too comfortable, she was mine first," she shot them both a sarcastic death stare and the pair laughed.

jay brought his lips to her ear and whispered, "you look so beautiful," y/n let her head fall, trying not to smile too big. the limousine pulled up, giving them curbside service, and they made their way to ben's coronation.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

so cute
imma kms

ily

WORD COUNT - 835