xvii. talking dogs and stink bombs

༺♥༻

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN,
talking dogs and stink bombs
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

y/n and mal quickly got ben up, "ben go!" he was stood in place for some reason as the two girls pushed him back. uma tried to break the barrier as she realizing it was a fake. she yelled angrily, "you do not get to win every time! get them!"

jay grabbed the bucket of swords and everyone grabbed one, as ben still hesitated to be pushed away. y/n grabbed one and threw a stink bomb, carlos started slingshotting them as pirates swung over to the group.

y/n stayed down as one of the girls came over to her. "you look out of place, sweetheart." y/n had no idea who the hell she was but she started fighting her with her sword.

all the vks including dakota started fighting the others, mal knocked one of the pirates off the ship and then started fighting uma.

y/n and the girl she was fighting made their way onto the platform, where harry hopped over the french and approached jay at a slow, almost uncomfortable pace.

"hello, jay. well, well, well." his accent was thick, and his eyes turned to y/n fighting behind him.

"who's the girl?" harry motioned over to y/n, as she kicked the girl she was fighting off the boat. jay felt his jaw clench as he continued talking.

"you look angry, lad. is that your girlfriend?" jay sighed as he watched you come up to him, checking to see if he was okay.

"what a pretty lady," harry spoke, gaining your attention. before jay could step in front of y/n, harry tried to grab her hand, jay grabbing her waist and holding her back.

jay's tone was cold, "touch her and i'll kill you."

harry started giggling and jumping up and down. "well, my apologies then, friend." he said. jay hid y/n behind his back and told her to go and be careful, as harry walked up real close to jay.

"you know, i don't think i've seen you like this, lad. bringing an auradon girl to the isle? you must like her." harry's words made jay clench his fist around the sword. "she must be special. what's her name, lad? who's her royal family?"

uma yelled loudly as she had y/n in her hands. "y/n! tiana's daughter. must be a pretty strong woman." uma mocked. y/n stepped on her foot, able to break lose as mal started fighting her.

"leave her alone, uma." jay shouted, then turned to harry. "just stay away from her." he started fighting him, the sound of their swords clashing fulfilled the air. "you do like her. sense when did you turn soft jay?" his accent was faint as he struggled to talk and fight.

jay swallowed, hard, "i'm not soft, you're just an asshole." the two continued fighting.

after getting away from uma she ran up to make sure mabel was okay, she was, partly. she was pacing back and forth. "i feel useless back here," she said when she saw y/n approaching.

"i have an idea. come with me," mabel smiled, grabbed her arrows and bow and followed y/n. "see that guy with the pirate hat, fighting jay?"

mabel nodded and smiled. "he was trying to flirt with me earlier, and even though jay seems to have it covered, jay didn't like the fact he was flirting with me. when we're about to leave, which is soon, aim for his ear." y/n said, leaving mabel to finish her work.