xxii. mal's cotillion pt.1

༺♥༻

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO,
mal's cotillion pt.1

(i'm too lazy to describe each
of their dresses individually)
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

the jay that was left on the isle would never have allowed what he was about to do.

"bring it in everyone!" jay spoke to his tourney team. the group all stood up and listened to him as he stood in the middle.

"you all know i come from the isle, where things are pretty whack. no, but there's one thing the isle's got on auradon." jay looked around at the group and everybody looked confused. "if you're strong, we want you by our side. girl or boy."

chad scoffed and grabbed jay's shoulder, "hey jay. hold on there. we don't break the rules here in auradon." he murmured, "that's over on the isle."

jay laughed and shoved chad's hand off his shoulder, "the team shall be comprised with a captain and eight men." he quoted the rule book as he stepped back, "so welcome your new team captain, everybody."

when y/n walked out, she watched chad's jaw drop. "there's no way-" y/n ignored chad and smiled.

"chad, every word you speak is another push up. i'd recommend shutting your damn mouth." she spoke, fake smiling at him before walking into the middle. "drop and give me ten, chad, give me twenty."

chad rolled his eyes as he went into his push up form, "this is so stupid, and sexist," he shouted. y/n went over to him and placed her foot on his back, making it more difficult for him. "sexist is a thing, but it's definitely not what's going on here."

jay laughed as he quickly finished his push-ups, "nice job, jay," she said, watching as all the other guys stood up after finishing.

chad was only at nine when everybody else was finished. "do i really have to do twenty?" y/n smiled, "that's twenty five now."

she turned to the rest of the team, "you guys can go and get yourselves ready for cotillion. jay and i can handle chad."

chad groaned loudly as he did his last push-up, about two minutes after the rest of the team left. he quickly got up, grabbing his bag and scrambling out of the room before she made him do anymore.

y/n laughed and grabbed her bag. jay went to her side. "you ready for cotillion?" he asked as they walked down the hallway.

y/n scoffed, "does it look like it?" she joked with a smile, looking down at her tourney uniform, with her hair up and out of her face. jay laughed. "sorry i couldn't tell, you always look beautiful, so." y/n rolled her eyes, "so sweet," she said, half sarcastically.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

getting ready with her girls was one of her favorite things to do, especially when the even they were all getting ready for was revolved around one of them. today it was mal's turn, and she was overly excited.

and nervous.

"what if my hair falls out?" she spoke hypothetically, as evie did some final touches on her hair. "girl i love you but if you don't shut up i'm going to make you," evie's response made the room laugh.