40a. Birthday parties and suprises

Start from the beginning

She had asked me to pick her up today for Zephan's younger sister's birthday party but that wasn't even the problem. Immediately her text came in yesterday after school, my room had turned into a mess basically because I was looking for something to wear that would impress her which was unusual.

I had even ordered some new outfits and I still couldn't decide what to wear to impress her.

I even went as far as opening a fake account on Instagram and sent her a message to figure out what outfit she would love a guy to put on and till now, she had not responded.

It's definitely a demonic manipulation that's making me act like this.

Glancing around my room, I felt like a mad man in a dump. I was about to pick up my phone and put a call through to one of my friends when I thought against it and flinged my phone at a corner of the room.

I couldn't let my friends know that I was like this because of a girl. They'll call me a princess and tease me till thy kingdom come so I decided against it and looked for a better option.

Asking Darasimi for help.

Asking Darasimi was not too helpful but she still helped me select one out of the many outfits I had laid out on my bed.

At 6:35pm, I was at Miranda's gate and just like she had told me, I found her standing at the front of her gate looking beautiful.

Her beauty knocked me off balance. I don't think it was something I was ever going to get used to at all.

For the first time ever, Miranda had settled for a natural look. She had new braids on and had styled her edges beautifully.

She wore an orange bodycon dress which stopped just below her knees and paired her look with a small purse.

(Miranda's look :)

(Miranda's look :)

"You know, when you left my message on read, I actually thought that you weren't going to come and I'll eventually have to book a ride." She said, folding her arms.

"I actually wanted to reply but then something occured. I would never leave you on read on purpose." I told her.

"And that something that occured was the new girl you're scoping? Abi?" She asked as she rolled her eyes at me.

"There's no girl, Miranda. I was reading and I planned to reply your text later but I forgot. I'm sorry," I apologized. Once I told her I was sorry, her lips immediately curved up into a smile.

If only she knew why I couldn't reply.

"I like it when you smile, Miranda," I told her honestly. My words seemed to make her smile increase and for the first time ever, I discovered that Miranda had a dimple.

"You've said that before."

"I love your dimples."

We both said at the same time and my words made Miranda blush even harder.