Chapter 27

(I'm debating doing a baseball chapter, should I? let me know ---> )

Inside Capsule Corp you were standing with Bulma watching the door, it had been about 5-10 minutes that they had been gone when Goku came into the room with a smile on his face.

He walked over to you and place a gentle but passionate kiss on your lips.

"What was that for? Is everything okay?" you asked when the kiss broke

"I just wanted to kiss you" he smiled "and Vegeta wants to talk to you outside" he kissed your forehead and gently pushed you toward the door

You gave him a skeptical look then made your way outside, it didn't take long as you knew your way around Capsule Corp pretty well, if you hadn't all the time you had with the past year here you'd be going in circles looking for the exit.

"Y/n" you heard Vegeta speak as you stepped outside, you turned your head to the voice and spotted him sitting against the building

"Hey..." you said as you sat down next to him "what's going on and if you say nothing I'm going to blast you"

"Haha like your blast could do anything to me"

You sent him a hard glare

"Sorry I uh I just have worries about the babies and you" He started finding it hard to speak freely when it came to emotions

"Like what ?" You asked

"Did I ever tell you how Mother died?"

"No, but I haven't asked either, you don't have to tell me if it's hard to talk about"

"Tsk She was a wonderful woman, she was the only one who showed me any compassion or kindness on that planet, except for maybe Nappa but he's not important. When she got pregnant with you she was bedridden most of the time and any time I saw her she looked ill"

He looked to you to see if maybe he shouldn't have stuck with the shortest version of the story but to his surprise, you were engulfed in what he was saying and gave him a smile to encourage him to continue.

"On the day of your birth she ended up losing a lot of blood and ... died" he took a deep breathe "The last time I talked to her she told me that she had great plans for us, but when she died Father got so angry he couldn't stand the sight of you" Vegeta clenched his fists "and honestly y/n I can't stand the thought of that happening to you"

You leaned in closer, your concern evident in your eyes. "Vegeta, I had no idea... That must have been incredibly difficult for you, losing our mother and dealing with Father's anger."

He nodded, a mixture of pain and frustration on his face. "It changed everything. After she was gone, I felt like I had to shut off my emotions, be stronger, be someone Father would accept. And now, with you expecting, I can't help but worry about the same things happening all over again."

You reached out and gently placed a hand on his arm. "I can understand why you're feeling this way. But you're not alone in this, Vegeta. We're family, and we're here for each other. You don't have to bear everything on your own."

He looked at you, his gaze softening as he seemed to take comfort in your words. "You're right... I've spent so long trying to be the strongest, to not need anyone. But I see how wrong I've been. I don't want history to repeat itself."

"We can make our own path," you assured him, giving his arm a reassuring squeeze. "I believe in you, Vegeta. You've already come so far, and you're capable of breaking the cycle."

A moment of silence passed between you two, the weight of his emotions hanging in the air. Then he let out a sigh, almost as if he was letting go of something he had held onto for too long. "Thank you, Y/n. It's not easy for me to talk about this, but... I'm glad I could share it with you."