Journey's End

Sokka's POV

I'm super confident in myself and my compass like brain to guide us safely to the fishing town of Houtouwan. Although I know the others have their doubts, they should believe in me! I'm crazy good at stuff like this. I always get lost and somehow find the way back every time. I know that one map was of Disneyland but hey if we find Disneyland I'll know my way around it. That's why I am the perfect guide.

After countless trains we finally made it onto our final one, the sun was starting to set and we were all exhausted from travelling, but I am determined to get there as safe and as quickly as possible. I called the hotel in the town but nobody picked up. I hope we can still get a room there tonight otherwise we're toast.

I love how Toph is always joking and being somewhat positive but I've had enough of her harsh comments for the time being so I've decided to have some bro time with Aang the man. I know all of us coming on this trip killed his lone wolf vibe but I'm sure deep down he is thankful for our company.

"Hey dude how's it hanging?", I sat down beside him, sliding his bag off the seat to show I don't care if he doesn't want anyone taking its place. He looked over his shoulder at me as he was facing the window and let out a small yawn.

"Fine, just can't wait to get there, so this whole ordeal is over and done with. How are you feeling mighty map bender?", He chuckled and sat back in his chair, resting his head and closing his eyes, struggling to keep them open.

"Yeah I'm fine, tired too of course as I've quite literally done all the hard work", I gritted my teeth and felt my neck tighten as a wave of anger hit me, hushing my voice. Nobody has thanked me for all of this today. I didn't have to help, but I did and yet I go unappreciated. Nothing ever changes I guess.

"What was that?", Aang slowly opened one of his eyes to look over at me too show he is trying his best too pay attention. I don't know how he's still tired, he's fallen asleep whenever he's sat down.

"I said I'm fine. So I couldn't help but notice how hot and bothered you and Katara were on that metro, anything happen that I should know about?", I raised a brow as I changed the subject, and in an instant Aang bolted upright with eyes wide. I saw what was going on, as a protective and gossip loving brother I need to know all the dirty details, and this question certainly pushed one of Aang's buttons.

"Everyone was just so close on that train we could hardly breathe, I was extremely clammy and sweaty so she might've felt the same, people were everywhere back there it was like some sort of metro heatwave", Aang stuttered slightly as he spoke hurriedly, I couldn't exactly understand what he was saying so I nodded at his excuses. The two of them drift apart but they'll be back together I know it. Just a matter of how and when at this point.

"We're not together, you know that Sokka. Don't go assuming things that aren't true because it'll end with tears on someones pillow", He sighed and turned his attention back to the window, watching the sun disappear under the horizon, swarmed with dark clouds, wherever we're going, it looks rocky. That's what an adventure is though right?

"I didn't mean anything by it. All I'm saying is if you really like one another you'd make it happen, you'd put in the effort, time and hard work into your relationship because thats like your figurative baby, right?", I began to trail off into metaphor land. "You can't just drop it when it cries that'll make it cry even more, you get me?", I explained, trying to get him to understand but all I got was a blank look.

"My relationship is a baby?", He raised a brow then scoffed and leant back in his seat again. "Thanks for whatever that talk was Sokka but I'm gonna sleep now". He clearly didn't want to talk about the situation between them. "Y'know the best way to teach a baby to stop crying is when you let it figure stuff out on its own, stop helping it and it'll learn to help itself", He deeply exhaled almost like a train letting off steam.