Sleeping With The Enemy

Sokka's POV

"Oh you're going down shortie-pants!", I grinned as I felt more competitive, the determination is basically flowing through my veins, as the pillow fight champion I am not getting knocked off by Toph.

"There is no way I am losing to you string bean!", she snapped back at me, holding the pillow over her head in preparation to charge at me and use the full force of the silk covered feathers, I watched her pounce and moved swiftly to hit her lower legs and ankles to cause her to fall face down on the mattress.

"aha! I the master keeps his title!", I huffed slightly, I'm REALLY exhausted now, I looked down at Toph to see she wasn't moving, did I hit her that hard? Did the fall knock her out? "Toph? Hey c'mon watch me win", I joked whilst nudging her with my foot, but she didn't say anything back. "Toph??", I leant over her and dropped my pillow, what did I do!?

Then she moved, grabbed both pillows and sandwiched them against both sides of my face, breaking them both, causing the feathers from inside to go everywhere, I accept this defeat. 

"Gotcha!", She giggled and raised her arms in the air, in triumph, whilst staying laid down on her back, "what was that you said about you winning Sokka?", she smirked whilst cupping one of her ears with her hand to make out she was listening in.

"Nothing, you win Toph", I chuckled lightly and stretched out my arms, "but I demand a rematch, when I am fully awake", I got off her mattress and onto my own, she laughed in response, I'll take that as a yes, as I got comfortable I noticed that Yue and Suki are back in the room, along with the three fire females from hell.

"Did you do it?", Yue approached them with her hands together, squeezing them anxiously to her  chest, Suki got to a mattress but began talking to Toph, everyone not aware of the suspicious exchange between the girls.

They didn't say anything back, they looked washed out, but whatever they've done they're not telling any one else about it, I don't trust them, including Yue, I shouldn't sleep, I need to be on guard. 

We're sleeping with the enemy here.

The four of them lowered their voices, I shuffled as quietly as I could to get closer, they could be plotting our deaths as far as I know. I thought my undercover eavesdropping mission was going well until Suki questioned me.

"Sokka? I didn't know you were half worm", she chuckled whilst holding her legs to her chest, playfully smiling at me as I looked like a complete idiot. "Just go to sleep, you can channel your inner slug tomorrow okay?", she watched me stand and move my mattress back to its original position, how will I hear what the girls are saying now?

"Don't look so glum, I'm only joking", Suki laughed lightly whilst continuing to watch me, but I didn't talk back, I need to focus on the bigger picture here, "Sokka?", Suki's voice softened as she tried to get my attention, but I kept watch on Yue, she's the mastermind here.

"Whatever, see you in the morning", Suki's voice trailed off as she said goodnight and lay down on her mattress, okay no more distractions.

"Sokka?", oh god what was it now? I looked beside me and saw Katara, she sat down on my mattress, she crossed her legs and leant forward, "We can't talk about what happened in The Oasis, not around Aang", she whispered to me, she seemed deadly serious about what she said.

"Why? Is he sensitive about it or something?", I whispered back but looked at Aang, he was sat up on the carpet watching the logs burn on the fire, he looked peaceful.

"He doesn't know", Katara sighed and shuffled closer to me, also looking at Aang, "and he shouldn't know. If he did, he wouldn't forgive himself", she wanted to protect his feelings? The guy almost murdered a lot of people, he needs to make sure he doesn't get into that weird trance again.